SGA senators unanimously voted to approve the Meal Plan Increase Resolution at Tuesday night’s meeting.
According to the resolution, SGA believes the university and Sodexo will take into account their input about dining needs on campus.
The resolution recommends that services already in place should be solidified in the renegotiated contract, such as:
- one guest swipe per visit at the Ville Grill
- extended hours at McAlister’s, Sub Hub, Chick-Fil-A, Wendy’s, Davidson’s Simply-To-Go, Einstein Brother’s Bagels and the Tulip Tree Cafe as created in Fall 2014
- unlimited family or visitor swipes on special occasions like Parent’s Weekend or Homecoming
In addition, the SGA provided nine recommendations for new services:
- use of swipes or meal plan exchanges at Sodexo restaurants like Zime, Sub Hub and the future Wholly Habanero location
- Ville Grill extended hours until 1:00 a.m. Monday-Thursday
- to-go options at the Ville Grill
- a waiver of flex point expiration for students with mandatory summer classes
- more furniture and efficient use of space in the Tulip Tree Cafe
- reusable water bottle discount at Sodexo locations
- 25 percent locally-sourced meals
- simplified meal plan opt-out for commuters
- small food option on the north side of campus near the College of Education and Human Development or the College of Music
The SGA’s resolution is a recommendation for negotiations, not a statement of university policy.
Later in the meeting, senators sent a first reading of a SAC East resolution to the executive board for review.