- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
All posts tagged "Sports"
- U of L Athletic Association approves stadium renovations and increased ticket prices
By Kyeland Jackson — The price to see U of L play increased Thursday, as the University of Louisville Athletic Association met. ULAA directors approved increasing athletics’ ticket prices, pricing reserved seats at $12 more than in...
- Posted January 19, 2017
- Football defensive coordinator reportedly leaving for Mississippi State
By Dalton Ray– Football defensive coordinator Todd Grantham has reportedly been hired by Mississippi State for the same position. Grantham spent three years with the Cardinals, joining coach Bobby Petrino in 2014. This season, Louisville finish 11th...
- Posted January 11, 2017
- State auditor targets KFC Yum! Center
Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky auditor Mike Harmon will audit the KFC Yum! Center, answering calls to action by legislators. Legislators asked Harmon to audit the center, managed by the Louisville Arena Authority and leased by the Louisville...
- Posted January 9, 2017
- Women’s basketball blows by Lafayette 92-48
By Dalton Ray– The women’s basketball team defeated Lafayette 92-47. Louisville has scored at least 80 points in four of the first five games. The Cards move to 5-0 on the season and host Chattanooga tomorrow night....
- Posted November 20, 2016
- KFC YUM! Center faces possible audit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts Mike Harmon might have another audit relating to U of L. WDRB first reported the story, as Kentucky lawmakers requested Harmon audit management of the KFC YUM! Center Tuesday. The lawmakers...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- Cards Draw Against Wolfpack
By Mike Gilpatrick– The no. 21 Louisville women’s soccer team played to a 1-1 draw against the No. 24 NC State Wolfpack Thursday night. The Cards move to 7-3-3 (2-1-2 ACC) while the Wolfpack get their first...
- Posted October 7, 2016
- Men’s soccer shocks top-ranked Notre Dame
By Jordan Shim– The Louisville men’s soccer team upset No. 1 Notre Dame 1-0 at Lynn Stadium. Louisville (5-1-1, 2-0) remains unbeaten in conference play, while Notre Dame (5-1-0, 1-1 ACC) suffer their first loss of the...
- Posted September 18, 2016
- U of L hosts busy weekend of free events
By Noah Allison– Six sports programs at the University of Louisville host free on-campus contests this weekend, here is a rundown of the games, matches and events: Lacrosse What: Lacrosse hosts Virginia on Senior Day Where: Louisville Lacrosse...
- Posted April 13, 2016
- Behind the mask: Louie the Cardinal
By Dalton Ray– You see him lead the football team out of the tunnel during home games. He has a designated spot on the floor for men’s and women’s basketball games. You’ve even seen him parachute into...
- Posted February 27, 2016
- Season underway for U of L softball
By Alan Branch– Feb. 12 marked the official start of the U of L softball team’s 2016 season, at the Islanders Invitational this weekend in Texas. In hindsight, this softball program has seen consistent progress from the moment...
- Posted February 15, 2016