- Trump rally reveals disconnect between message and action
- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Club hockey and rugby take steps to build their programs
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
All posts tagged "Sports"
- Men’s tennis wins 4-3 over Notre Dame
By Conner Farrell– Men’s tennis pulled out a close win over Notre Dame, 4-3. The match began with the doubles teams of Chris Morin-Kougoucheff and Ciro Lampasas prevailing winning 6-2. Louisville won the doubles point when No....
- Posted March 11, 2017
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
By Matt Bradshaw– No. 12 women’s basketball defeated Boston College in a 68-43 rout, moving them to a 22-6 record. Despite winning by 25, Louisville did not have their best offensive performance. They shot 46 percent and...
- Posted February 12, 2017
- U of L Athletic Association approves stadium renovations and increased ticket prices
By Kyeland Jackson — University of Louisville athletic ticket prices will go up next year, the U of L Athletic Association decided Jan. 19. Reserved seats will increase $12 each. Price hikes apply to seats for clubs...
- Posted January 19, 2017
- Football defensive coordinator reportedly leaving for Mississippi State
By Dalton Ray– Football defensive coordinator Todd Grantham has reportedly been hired by Mississippi State for the same position. Grantham spent three years with the Cardinals, joining coach Bobby Petrino in 2014. This season, Louisville finish 11th...
- Posted January 11, 2017
- State auditor targets KFC Yum! Center
Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky auditor Mike Harmon will audit the KFC Yum! Center, answering calls to action by legislators. Legislators asked Harmon to audit the center, managed by the Louisville Arena Authority and leased by the Louisville...
- Posted January 9, 2017
- Women’s basketball blows by Lafayette 92-48
By Dalton Ray– The women’s basketball team defeated Lafayette 92-47. Louisville has scored at least 80 points in four of the first five games. The Cards move to 5-0 on the season and host Chattanooga tomorrow night....
- Posted November 20, 2016
- KFC YUM! Center faces possible audit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts Mike Harmon might have another audit relating to U of L. WDRB first reported the story, as Kentucky lawmakers requested Harmon audit management of the KFC YUM! Center Tuesday. The lawmakers...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- Cards Draw Against Wolfpack
By Mike Gilpatrick– The no. 21 Louisville women’s soccer team played to a 1-1 draw against the No. 24 NC State Wolfpack Thursday night. The Cards move to 7-3-3 (2-1-2 ACC) while the Wolfpack get their first...
- Posted October 7, 2016
- Men’s soccer shocks top-ranked Notre Dame
By Jordan Shim– The Louisville men’s soccer team upset No. 1 Notre Dame 1-0 at Lynn Stadium. Louisville (5-1-1, 2-0) remains unbeaten in conference play, while Notre Dame (5-1-0, 1-1 ACC) suffer their first loss of the...
- Posted September 18, 2016
- U of L hosts busy weekend of free events
By Noah Allison– Six sports programs at the University of Louisville host free on-campus contests this weekend, here is a rundown of the games, matches and events: Lacrosse What: Lacrosse hosts Virginia on Senior Day Where: Louisville Lacrosse...
- Posted April 13, 2016