- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
- Official under investigation set to retire
- University of Louisville Foundation cancels meeting
All posts tagged "basketball"
- Kentucky Derby Festival returns to Derby City
By Roya Fathalizadeh– Every Louisvillian’s favorite time of the year is quickly approaching. That’s right, it’s Derby season. From Thunder over Louisville to the Balloon Glow, the Kentucky Derby Festival offers a variety of events for people...
- Posted April 7, 2016
- Lee and Lewis lead during difficult time
By Noah Allison– Unlike some Division I college basketball programs, Louisville basketball isn’t accustomed to “one-and-done” players. “One-and-done” refers to student-athletes who leave school after playing basketball for just one year. In the past, the closest thing...
- Posted February 15, 2016
- Entering his final year, Kobe fights for respect
By Matthew Shircliffe– On July 1, 1996, Vlade Divac from the Los Angeles Lakers was traded to the Charlotte Hornets for 17-year-old Kobe Bryant in a pre-draft transaction, sparking perhaps the most notorious trade in the history...
- Posted October 18, 2015
- Cardinals show offensive promise in Red White Scrimmage
Louisville fans got another look at the new Cardinal men’s basketball team in its second Red and White Scrimmage on Saturday, Oct. 17. The red team, or second team, defeated the white team, the starters, 97-81. Head...
- Posted October 18, 2015
- Brief: Ramsey addresses #BBScandal
By Olivia Krauth– President James Ramsey released a written statement regarding the recent basketball allegations minutes before the beginning of today’s board of trustees meeting. The note, seen here, stresses staying focused on day-to-day operations at U...
- Posted October 8, 2015
- First look at the 2015-16 men’s basketball team
The University of Louisville tipped off the first of their Red-White Intrasquad scrimmages on Oct. 3. In a change from the past, teams and the score reset during halftime. Sophomore forward Jaylen Johnson was the most active,...
- Posted October 4, 2015
- Reaction: Doubt creeps in for Louisville basketball amidst allegations
By Sam Draut– The most worrisome moment for Louisville basketball fans while Head Coach Rick Pitino addressed the allegations of former director of basketball operations Andre McGee and the prostitution scandal wasn’t when Pitino made comments about...
- Posted October 2, 2015
- Walz and Moore return to US with second gold medal
By Sam Draut– This summer wasn’t the first time Louisville head coach Jeff Walz and sophomore Mariya Moore had been on the international scene, but once again, the two returned with gold medals while representing the United...
- Posted August 28, 2015
- Brief: Chris Jones released from house arrest
By Olivia Krauth– Former U of L basketball player Chris Jones was released from house arrest on Monday. He was released on a $20,000 unsecured bond, meaning he won’t have to pay money unless he doesn’t show...
- Posted April 1, 2015
- Louisville’s tournament run ends with 76-70 loss to Michigan State
By Sam Draut– Through the first 20 minutes, Louisville looked like the team that had driven through the East Region, just a half away from a Final Four. But, the problem that had plagued the Cardinals all season...
- Posted March 29, 2015