- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
- Mallory Comerford reflects on her national championship performance
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ stuns as live-action remake
All posts tagged "basketball"
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
By Matt Bradshaw– No. 12 women’s basketball defeated Boston College in a 68-43 rout, moving them to a 22-6 record. Despite winning by 25, Louisville did not have their best offensive performance. They shot 46 percent and...
- Posted February 12, 2017
- Men’s basketball takes Pittsburgh to the cleaners, win 106-51
By Jeff Milby– A career-high 29 points from sophomore guard Donovan Mitchell and stifling defense led No. 13 men’s basketball to a resounding 106-51 victory over the Pittsburgh Panthers. Junior big man Anas Mahmoud finished with 14 points, three...
- Posted January 24, 2017
- State auditor targets KFC Yum! Center
Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky auditor Mike Harmon will audit the KFC Yum! Center, answering calls to action by legislators. Legislators asked Harmon to audit the center, managed by the Louisville Arena Authority and leased by the Louisville...
- Posted January 9, 2017
- Women’s basketball blows by Lafayette 92-48
By Dalton Ray– The women’s basketball team defeated Lafayette 92-47. Louisville has scored at least 80 points in four of the first five games. The Cards move to 5-0 on the season and host Chattanooga tomorrow night....
- Posted November 20, 2016
- Women’s basketball routs LWC in exhibition game
By Conner Farrell– Louisville women’s basketball’s only exhibition game ended in a win as the Cards routed the Lindsey Wilson College Blue Raiders 98 to 50. Sophomore guard Asia Durr led all scorers with 19 points, with 17 coming...
- Posted November 6, 2016
- The Yum Center desperately needs a financial rethink
By Chris Acree — For sports fans, fall is a wonderful time. Football is getting good, the World Series is being decided and basketball is beginning. But fans and viewers should know that with almost every professional sports...
- Posted October 27, 2016
- KFC YUM! Center faces possible audit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts Mike Harmon might have another audit relating to U of L. WDRB first reported the story, as Kentucky lawmakers requested Harmon audit management of the KFC YUM! Center Tuesday. The lawmakers...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- Ticket rules frustrate students
By Sloane Donovan– We’re in the middle of football season, but basketball is right around the corner. And then the cycle will continue and football will be back. Student tickets are the most affordable option for all our...
- Posted October 17, 2016
- Louisville fans focusing on football with basketball on the horizon
By Beau Kilpatrick– It’s about the time of year to indulge in all the basketball excitement. Inter-squad scrimmages and exhibition games are right around the corner. With Louisville’s success in football this season, the anticipation for Cardinal...
- Posted October 10, 2016
- Kentucky Derby Festival returns to Derby City
By Roya Fathalizadeh– Every Louisvillian’s favorite time of the year is quickly approaching. That’s right, it’s Derby season. From Thunder over Louisville to the Balloon Glow, the Kentucky Derby Festival offers a variety of events for people...
- Posted April 7, 2016