- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
- The Weeknd’s “Starboy” faintly shines
All posts tagged "basketball"
- Women’s basketball blows by Lafayette 92-48
By Dalton Ray– The women’s basketball team defeated Lafayette 92-47. Louisville has scored at least 80 points in four of the first five games. The Cards move to 5-0 on the season and host Chattanooga tomorrow night....
- Posted November 20, 2016
- Women’s basketball routs LWC in exhibition game
By Conner Farrell– Louisville women’s basketball’s only exhibition game ended in a win as the Cards routed the Lindsey Wilson College Blue Raiders 98 to 50. Sophomore guard Asia Durr led all scorers with 19 points, with 17 coming...
- Posted November 6, 2016
- The Yum Center desperately needs a financial rethink
By Chris Acree — For sports fans, fall is a wonderful time. Football is getting good, the World Series is being decided and basketball is beginning. But fans and viewers should know that with almost every professional sports...
- Posted October 27, 2016
- KFC YUM! Center faces possible audit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts Mike Harmon might have another audit relating to U of L. WDRB first reported the story, as Kentucky lawmakers requested Harmon audit management of the KFC YUM! Center Tuesday. The lawmakers...
- Posted October 19, 2016
- Ticket rules frustrate students
By Sloane Donovan– We’re in the middle of football season, but basketball is right around the corner. And then the cycle will continue and football will be back. Student tickets are the most affordable option for all our...
- Posted October 17, 2016
- Louisville fans focusing on football with basketball on the horizon
By Beau Kilpatrick– It’s about the time of year to indulge in all the basketball excitement. Inter-squad scrimmages and exhibition games are right around the corner. With Louisville’s success in football this season, the anticipation for Cardinal...
- Posted October 10, 2016
- Kentucky Derby Festival returns to Derby City
By Roya Fathalizadeh– Every Louisvillian’s favorite time of the year is quickly approaching. That’s right, it’s Derby season. From Thunder over Louisville to the Balloon Glow, the Kentucky Derby Festival offers a variety of events for people...
- Posted April 7, 2016
- Lee and Lewis lead during difficult time
By Noah Allison– Unlike some Division I college basketball programs, Louisville basketball isn’t accustomed to “one-and-done” players. “One-and-done” refers to student-athletes who leave school after playing basketball for just one year. In the past, the closest thing...
- Posted February 15, 2016
- Entering his final year, Kobe fights for respect
By Matthew Shircliffe– On July 1, 1996, Vlade Divac from the Los Angeles Lakers was traded to the Charlotte Hornets for 17-year-old Kobe Bryant in a pre-draft transaction, sparking perhaps the most notorious trade in the history...
- Posted October 18, 2015
- Cardinals show offensive promise in Red White Scrimmage
Louisville fans got another look at the new Cardinal men’s basketball team in its second Red and White Scrimmage on Saturday, Oct. 17. The red team, or second team, defeated the white team, the starters, 97-81. Head...
- Posted October 18, 2015