- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
- Faculty and staff pursue injunction against Bevin
- Ramsey offers to resign, board gets shake up
- U of L LGBT community shows support for Orlando
Co-captain Peyton Siva voted Preseason Player of the Year in the Big East
By John Brady–
Louisville has accumulated many accolades after last year’s run to the Final Four game in New Orleans. With the team returning a great number of players and bringing in a great recruiting class, it’s hard to distinguish who will be the best player.
If you ask head coach Rick Pitino, he will tell you without hesitation that it’s senior point guard Peyton Siva.
“He’s playing like a pro right now,” remarked Pitino of Peyton Siva.
Siva, who hails from Seattle, really turned his game up at the end of last year. Leading the Cards to a Big East tournament championship and being named MVP, he has full momentum heading into the season.
The point guard has drawn comparisons from professional scouts to NBA player Steve Nash for his ability to make a great play whenever the original play breaks down. With a comparison like that, it’s easy to see why he was voted Preseason Player of the Year in the Big East.
He is also making national headlines; last Tuesday he was featured on the homepage of ESPN’s website and also graced the latest cover of Sports Illustrated magazine.
With a deep roster and length across the entire Louisville roster, Siva should be able to orchestrate a dangerous team this year.
Now the big question is if he can live up to his very high expectations.
Photo: Tricia Stern/The Louisville Cardinal