By Riley Vance—
The U of L women’s tennis team travelled to Rome, Ga. to compete in the ACC tournament. They returned home after a 4-0 loss against No. 14 Duke in the first round. The Cards ended their season with a 9-13 overall record and a 3-10 conference record.
In doubles, Duke took over courts two and three.
Chloe Beck and Karolina Berankova (Duke) defeated seniors Raven Neely and Chelsea Sawyer 6-3.
On court three, sophomore Tatiana Simova and junior Dina Chaika fell 6-3 to Duke’s Kelly Chen and Georgia Drummy.
Junior Rhea Verma and sophomore Andrea Di Palma were up 5-4 against Meible Chi and Margaryta Bilokin (Duke), but their match was left unfinished.
In singles, Duke secured wins on courts one, two, and six.
Nelly fell 6-2, 6-2 to Beck.
Duke tallied another point as Di Palma came up short against Drummy (6-3, 6-2).
The match was clinched on court six as Chaika fell 5-7, 0-6 to Hannah Zhao (Duke).
- Georgia Drummy (DUKE) def. Andrea Di Palma (LOU) 6-3, 6-2
- Chloe Beck (DUKE) def. Raven Neely (LOU) 6-2, 6-2
- Chelsea Sawyer (LOU) vs. Meible Chi (DUKE) unfinished, 6-4, 4-4
- Rhea Verma (LOU) vs. Margaryta Bilokin (DUKE) unfinished, 2-6, 5-2
- Jelena Vujanic (LOU) vs. Karolina Berankova (DUKE) unfinished, 4-6, 2-5
- Hannah Zhao (DUKE) def. Dina Chaika (LOU) 7-5, 6-0
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 6
- Rhea Verma/Andrea Di Palma (LOU) vs. Meible Chi/Margaryta Bilokin (DUKE) unfinished, 5-4
- Chloe Beck/Karolina Berankova (DUKE) def. Chelsea Sawyer/Raven Neely (LOU) 6-3
- Kelly Chen/Georgia Drummy (DUKE) def. Tatiana Simova/Dina Chaika (LOU) 6-3
Order of Finish: 2, 3
Photo Courtesy of Carl Schmid// U of L Athletics