By Riley Vance—
The Cards (8-12, 3-10 ACC) hosted Butler for their last match of the regular season before heading off to the ACC tournament. Louisville defeated the Bulldogs 6-1 at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center this Saturday afternoon.
The match started off with a tribute to seniors Raven Neely and Nikolina Jovic.
In doubles, Louisville took over courts one and two.
On court one, sophomore Andrea Di Palma and junior Rhea Verma defeated Natalie Boesing and Lauren Marx (BU) 6-2.
Shortly after, seniors Chelsea Sawyer and Raven Neely took down Delaney Schurhamer and Sara Linn (BU) 6-2.
Juniors Dina Chaika and Jelena Vujanic were up 5-4 against Lauryn Padgett and Veronika Bruetting (BU) when matchplay stopped.
The Cards secured wins on all courts except one in singles.
Di Palma finished first with a quick 6-1, 6-1 win over Butler’s Padgett.
Verma secured another win for the Cards (6-2, 6-1) on court four over Linn (BU).
Neely took down Schurhamer (BU) 6-2, 6-3 to clinch the match.
Bringing the overall score to 5-0, Vujanic prevailed over Marx (BU) 6-3, 6-2.
Next, Chaika took over court six with a 6-2, 6-3 win over Bruetting (BU).
Butler fought back one court one as Boesing (BU) defeated Jovic 6-4, 7-6 and 10-6 to complete the match.
Women’s tennis travels to Rome, Georgia on Wednesday, April 21 to compete in the ACC tournament.
- Natalie Boesing (BU) def. Nikolina Jovic (LOU) 6-4, 7-6, 10-6
- Andrea Di Palma (LOU) def. Lauryn Padgett (BU) 6-1, 6-1
- Raven Neely (LOU) def. Delaney Schurhamer (BU) 6-2, 6-3
- Rhea Verma (LOU) def. Sara Linn (BU) 6-2, 6-1
- Jelena Vujanic (LOU) def. Lauren Marx (BU) 6-3, 6-2
- Dina Chaika (LOU) def. Veronika Bruetting (BU) 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2,4,3,5,6,1
- Andrea Di Palma/Rhea Verma (LOU) def. Natalie Boesing/Lauren Marx (BU) 6-2
- Chelsea Sawyer/Raven Neely (LOU) def. Delaney Schurhamer/Sara Linn (BU) 6-2
- Dina Chaika/Jelena Vujanic (LOU) vs. Lauryn Padgett/Veronika Bruetting (BU) 5-4
Order of Finish: 1, 2
Photo Courtesy of Carl Schmid// U of L Athletics