- The XX sound more cohesive than ever on ‘I See You’
- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- New board of trustees full of familiar faces
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
Recipes from the Cardinal: Imitation Twinkies
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks butter 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs 1 can of quality whipped cream
- 1 cup milk Crisco
- 3 cups flour
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small breadpan and dust it with flour.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in a bowl and beat until homogenous. Then pour into breadpan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until that familiar golden brown. Try the toothpick test: stick a toothpick into the loaf; pull it out. If any matter sticks to the toothpick, it isn’t done.
- When finally done, cut loaf into 1-inch slices, top with whipped cream and serve.
For those who are lactose intolerant, substitute almond or soymilk for dairy in the breading. Marshmallow Fluff slightly diluted with water and beaten works well for the “filling.”
Read on: Hostess with the leastess?
Photo: Simon Isham/The Louisville Cardinal