- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
- Mallory Comerford reflects on her national championship performance
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ stuns as live-action remake
Recipes from the Cardinal: Imitation Twinkies
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks butter 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs 1 can of quality whipped cream
- 1 cup milk Crisco
- 3 cups flour
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small breadpan and dust it with flour.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in a bowl and beat until homogenous. Then pour into breadpan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until that familiar golden brown. Try the toothpick test: stick a toothpick into the loaf; pull it out. If any matter sticks to the toothpick, it isn’t done.
- When finally done, cut loaf into 1-inch slices, top with whipped cream and serve.
For those who are lactose intolerant, substitute almond or soymilk for dairy in the breading. Marshmallow Fluff slightly diluted with water and beaten works well for the “filling.”
Read on: Hostess with the leastess?
Photo: Simon Isham/The Louisville Cardinal