- Brief: CUAS invited to participate in contract reviews, protest continues
- Your ultimate guide to having a good time in the 502
- Brief: Students stage sit-in in President Ramsey’s office
- Q&A with Athletic Director Tom Jurich on Ecarma’s Career
- Ecarma reminisces on student experience of 1986 National Championship
- Know your Cardinals: Tennis’ Rex Ecarma
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
- Women’s tennis Senior Day puts tough season in perspective
- Residents prepare for final days of the Complex
- Nine at Louisville apartments to open fall 2016
Recipes from the Cardinal: Imitation Twinkies
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks butter 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs 1 can of quality whipped cream
- 1 cup milk Crisco
- 3 cups flour
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small breadpan and dust it with flour.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in a bowl and beat until homogenous. Then pour into breadpan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until that familiar golden brown. Try the toothpick test: stick a toothpick into the loaf; pull it out. If any matter sticks to the toothpick, it isn’t done.
- When finally done, cut loaf into 1-inch slices, top with whipped cream and serve.
For those who are lactose intolerant, substitute almond or soymilk for dairy in the breading. Marshmallow Fluff slightly diluted with water and beaten works well for the “filling.”
Read on: Hostess with the leastess?
Photo: Simon Isham/The Louisville Cardinal