- Fall 2016 semester athletic awards
- Women’s basketball pulls out the overtime victory over rival Kentucky
- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
Recipes from the Cardinal: Imitation Twinkies
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks butter 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs 1 can of quality whipped cream
- 1 cup milk Crisco
- 3 cups flour
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small breadpan and dust it with flour.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in a bowl and beat until homogenous. Then pour into breadpan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until that familiar golden brown. Try the toothpick test: stick a toothpick into the loaf; pull it out. If any matter sticks to the toothpick, it isn’t done.
- When finally done, cut loaf into 1-inch slices, top with whipped cream and serve.
For those who are lactose intolerant, substitute almond or soymilk for dairy in the breading. Marshmallow Fluff slightly diluted with water and beaten works well for the “filling.”
Read on: Hostess with the leastess?
Photo: Simon Isham/The Louisville Cardinal