- Brandeis School of Law adjusts to new compassion policy
- U of L blocks access to College Abacus tuition calculator
- Kyle Hornback crowned Miss Kentucky USA
- Meet your 2016 SGA candidates: school presidents and senators
- Meet your 2016 SGA candidates: Top Four
- Voter turnout crucial this election season
- The murder next door: Hearing the Stop-N-Go shooting
- Brief: Trustee Paul Diaz resigns
- U of L announces self-imposed postseason ban
- U of L kicks off capital campaign for stadium expansion
Recipes from the Cardinal: Imitation Twinkies
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks butter 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups sugar 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs 1 can of quality whipped cream
- 1 cup milk Crisco
- 3 cups flour
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a small breadpan and dust it with flour.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt in a bowl and beat until homogenous. Then pour into breadpan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until that familiar golden brown. Try the toothpick test: stick a toothpick into the loaf; pull it out. If any matter sticks to the toothpick, it isn’t done.
- When finally done, cut loaf into 1-inch slices, top with whipped cream and serve.
For those who are lactose intolerant, substitute almond or soymilk for dairy in the breading. Marshmallow Fluff slightly diluted with water and beaten works well for the “filling.”
Read on: Hostess with the leastess?
Photo: Simon Isham/The Louisville Cardinal