- Judge says Confederate statue can move
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
- U of L adds urban sustainability degree
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
- Where are the Cards now: Chaz Embry and David Green
- Grigory Tarasevich looks to place in Rio
- Staff being paid less than national average
- Brief: U of L bookstore closing in transition to Follett
- U of L alumni bring experience to Derby
- Live Blog: Sights and sounds from #TLCDerby
All posts tagged "Dan McDonnell"
- Cards baseball defeats Indiana 9-2
By Dalton Ray– In the final regular season home game, fourth-ranked Louisville outlasted Indiana 9-2 in Jim Patterson Stadium. U of L exploded in the sixth inning with eight runs, ending the game with 14 hits. Kade McClure...
- Posted May 17, 2016
- Baseball wins on senior day, sweeps no. 10 NC State
By Dalton Ray– The fifth-ranked Louisville baseball team defeated 10th-ranked North Carolina State 6-1 on senior day, sweeping the weekend series. Over the series, the U of L pitchers allowed 17 singles, no singles, no doubles and no...
- Posted May 15, 2016
- Baseball’s Devin Mann sparks winning streak
By Sam Draut– When starting second baseman Nick Solak left in the third inning of Louisville’s 6-3 loss to Virginia March 25 to receive X-rays after being hit on the hand on a bunt attempt, coach Dan McDonnell said...
- Posted April 5, 2016
- Cards complete sweep of Hokies 9-3
By Conner Farrell– The Louisville baseball team finished this weekend’s series against Virginia Tech with a 9-3 win. This is the Cards’ fourth sweep of the season. Kyle Funkhouser started his seventh game of the season. The...
- Posted April 4, 2016
- Baseball’s Blake Tiberi expands his role
By Noah Allison– Redshirt-sophomore third baseman Blake Tiberi has lifted his game to new heights. In his breakout season, he is shaping up to be a key contributor in Louisville baseball’s quest for a historic year. The...
- Posted March 28, 2016
- Cards oust Fighting Irish 4-3 in extra innings
By Conner Farrell– In the first game of today’s double-header, the Cards outlasted the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 4-3 in 11 innings on Nick Solak’s game winning two-run home run. Louisville’s Kyle Funkhouser pitched eight innings and...
- Posted March 11, 2016
- Expectations build for Funkhouser’s final season
By Conner Farrell– Louisville Cardinal pitcher Kyle Funkhouser is primed for one final season in a Cardinal uniform. The 35th overall pick of the 2015 MLB draft decided to forgo the professional ball and come back to school. The...
- Posted February 22, 2016
- Baseball ready to meet high expectations
By Sam Draut– The U of L baseball team was outs away from its third-consecutive appearance in the College World Series in 2015, but fell to Cal State Fullerton in the final game of the Super Regional...
- Posted February 21, 2016
- Corey Ray blends power and speed
By Noah Allison– A perfect storm has amassed in Louisville’s Jim Patterson Stadium. An amalgamation of talent, experience and hunger for success has brought forth this year’s Louisville baseball squad, a squad that enters the season ranked...
- Posted February 21, 2016
- Cards baseball came alive in season opener
By Conner Farrell– The Louisville offense dominated on baseball’s opening day at Jim Patterson Stadium. The second-ranked Cardinals produced 21 runs, the most scored in a season opener since 1950. Senior first basemen Danny Rosenbaum led the way with four RBIs....
- Posted February 19, 2016