- Judge denies Bevin’s request – board of trustees ruling stands
- The NCCA issues a hollow NOA to U of L
- Brief: U of L Athletic Association helps bear $91.15 million bonds
- Devonte Fields: The Cardinal flying under the radar
- Louisville avoids severe penalties in NCAA findings
- Bevin not backing down in war against BOT
- Non-Profit Fair connects students to volunteering
- Football success improves entire university
- Attempted robbery reported near campus
- KFC YUM! Center faces possible audit
All posts tagged "Dan McDonnell"
- Ranking worst moments of 2015-2016 athletic year
By Dalton Ray– As the 2015-2016 athletic season has officially came to a close, it’s time to look back at the year that was. As a whole, the past athletic year wasn’t exactly one to remember. On...
- Posted June 27, 2016
- Walk-off grand slam crushes Louisville
By Dalton Ray– In an elimination game, the second-ranked Louisville Cardinals fell in the most heart-breaking way. U of L was leading UC Santa Barbra 3-0, two outs away from forcing a game three when UCSB hit a...
- Posted June 12, 2016
- Baseball stunned in first game of Super Regional
By Dalton Ray– Second overall seed Louisville baseball fell 4-2 to the visiting UC Santa Barbra Gauchos in game one of the Louisville Super Regional. UCSB is now one game away from going to the College World...
- Posted June 11, 2016
- Baseball advances to NCAA Super Regional
By Sam Draut– For the fourth consecutive year, the University of Louisville baseball team is headed to an NCAA Super Regional. The second-ranked Cardinals defeated Wright State 3-1 on Sunday at Jim Patterson Stadium to win the Louisville...
- Posted June 5, 2016
- Baseball win away from Super Regional
By Sam Draut– The vaunted Louisville lineup scored ten runs in the first three innings of game four in the NCAA Louisville Regional as the second-ranked Cardinals defeated Ohio State 15-3. Brendan McKay pitched 5 and 2/3 innings, allowing three hits...
- Posted June 4, 2016
- Louisville baseball cruises by Western Michigan
By Dalton Ray– In game two of the Louisville regional, the University of Louisville defeated Western Michigan 6-1. All-time wins leader Kyle Funkhouser is credited with the win, earning his ninth win of the year. Offensively, U of...
- Posted June 3, 2016
- Louisville’s McDonnell signs $10 million extension
By Dalton Ray– Baseball coach Dan McDonnell has been given a contract extension that will make him the nation’s highest paid coach. McDonnell’s new deal will pay him $1 million a year and goes through 2026, a...
- Posted June 1, 2016
- Louisville baseball earns second overall seed in NCAA tournament
By Dalton Ray– Coach Dan McDonnell and his Cardinals have earned the second seed in the NCAA tournament, the highest in program history. Louisville ended the year with a 47-12 (22-8) overall record and won the ACC Atlantic...
- Posted May 30, 2016
- Cards baseball defeats Indiana 9-2
By Dalton Ray– In the final regular season home game, fourth-ranked Louisville outlasted Indiana 9-2 in Jim Patterson Stadium. U of L exploded in the sixth inning with eight runs, ending the game with 14 hits. Kade McClure...
- Posted May 17, 2016
- Baseball wins on senior day, sweeps no. 10 NC State
By Dalton Ray– The fifth-ranked Louisville baseball team defeated 10th-ranked North Carolina State 6-1 on senior day, sweeping the weekend series. Over the series, the U of L pitchers allowed 17 singles, no singles, no doubles and no...
- Posted May 15, 2016