- Trump rally reveals disconnect between message and action
- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Club hockey and rugby take steps to build their programs
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
All posts tagged "Dan McDonnell"
- No. 8 baseball strives to get the bad taste out of their mouth in 2017
By Dalton Ray– With 50 wins, ACC Atlantic regular season title and the second-overall seed in the NCAA tournament, the 2016 baseball season was one to remember before being cut short by UC Santa Barbara in the...
- Posted February 14, 2017
- Baseball picked second in ACC coaches’ preseason poll
By Conner Farrell– ACC coaches picked U of L baseball to finish second in the ACC Atlantic division. The team received two first-place votes and earned 79 points. Florida State racked up 10 first place votes to grab...
- Posted January 25, 2017
- Ranking worst moments of 2015-2016 athletic year
By Dalton Ray– As the 2015-2016 athletic season has officially came to a close, it’s time to look back at the year that was. As a whole, the past athletic year wasn’t exactly one to remember. On...
- Posted June 27, 2016
- Walk-off grand slam crushes Louisville
By Dalton Ray– In an elimination game, the second-ranked Louisville Cardinals fell in the most heart-breaking way. U of L was leading UC Santa Barbra 3-0, two outs away from forcing a game three when UCSB hit a...
- Posted June 12, 2016
- Baseball stunned in first game of Super Regional
By Dalton Ray– Second overall seed Louisville baseball fell 4-2 to the visiting UC Santa Barbra Gauchos in game one of the Louisville Super Regional. UCSB is now one game away from going to the College World...
- Posted June 11, 2016
- Baseball advances to NCAA Super Regional
By Sam Draut– For the fourth consecutive year, the University of Louisville baseball team is headed to an NCAA Super Regional. The second-ranked Cardinals defeated Wright State 3-1 on Sunday at Jim Patterson Stadium to win the Louisville...
- Posted June 5, 2016
- Baseball win away from Super Regional
By Sam Draut– The vaunted Louisville lineup scored ten runs in the first three innings of game four in the NCAA Louisville Regional as the second-ranked Cardinals defeated Ohio State 15-3. Brendan McKay pitched 5 and 2/3 innings, allowing three hits...
- Posted June 4, 2016
- Louisville baseball cruises by Western Michigan
By Dalton Ray– In game two of the Louisville regional, the University of Louisville defeated Western Michigan 6-1. All-time wins leader Kyle Funkhouser is credited with the win, earning his ninth win of the year. Offensively, U of...
- Posted June 3, 2016
- Louisville’s McDonnell signs $10 million extension
By Dalton Ray– Baseball coach Dan McDonnell has been given a contract extension that will make him the nation’s highest paid coach. McDonnell’s new deal will pay him $1 million a year and goes through 2026, a...
- Posted June 1, 2016
- Louisville baseball earns second overall seed in NCAA tournament
By Dalton Ray– Coach Dan McDonnell and his Cardinals have earned the second seed in the NCAA tournament, the highest in program history. Louisville ended the year with a 47-12 (22-8) overall record and won the ACC Atlantic...
- Posted May 30, 2016