- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
All posts tagged "Ekstrom Library"
- U of L seminar to teach students financial literacy
By Jared Thomas– Students can learn about credit reports and budgeting in financial literacy seminars Jan. 25 and 26 in Ekstrom Library. The seminars will be run by Money Smart Week, a product of a partnership between...
- Posted January 23, 2017
- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
Photos by Briana Williams / The Louisville Cardinal
- Posted January 22, 2017
- Ekstrom Library extends hours to 2 a.m.
By Hannah Esrock– After years of complaints and cramped studying after midnight, U of L’s Student Government Association has worked to extend Ekstrom Library hours for the East Wing from midnight to 2 a.m. “Working with Deans...
- Posted August 29, 2016
- Ekstrom Library adds a new teaching center
By Ronica Hutchison– Since spring break, furniture has been moved and shelves have been dismantled in Ekstrom Library to make way for new, comfortable study spaces. Workers in Ekstrom Library have been clearing some of the third...
- Posted March 24, 2016
- Corn Island Storytelling Festival
By: Natalie Moser The Corn Island Storytelling Festival returned from last year’s successful turnout on U of L’s campus. This autumn event was centered in the quad, right outside Ekstrom Library and Bingham Humanities building. At 5:00...
- Posted October 15, 2013
- Actor and filmmaker Jesus Nobot talks voting trends
By James El-Mallakh– Jesus Nebot, an actor and filmmaker, spoke at the University of Louisville’s Chao auditorium on Monday about voting trends in young people. “For a lot of international students and for a lot of people...
- Posted November 9, 2012
- Shavua Tov! Jewish Cultural Diversity Week: ‘Steel Toes’ screened at U of L
By Simon Isham– Rage and intolerance collided with compassion at a free screening of the award-winning film “Steel Toes” on Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. at Chao Auditorium in the basement of Ekstrom library. The film screening...
- Posted November 8, 2012
- Bed Bugs invade Ekstrom Library
By Tyler Mercer– Early this morning the Vice President for Business Affairs reported “Bed bugs are reddish-brown, wingless insects that are found nationwide. They do not transmit disease but do bite to feed off the blood of...
- Posted October 3, 2012
- Edgar Rice Burroughs Collection: the hidden jungle of Ekstrom
By Esther Lee– Deep in the heart of the University of Louisville Ekstrom Library lies a hidden treasure: the world’s largest institutional collection of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ writings and memorabilia of his most well-known literary creation, Tarzan....
- Posted September 25, 2012
- News briefs 4.17.12
Ekstrom will open on dates before finals The east wing of the Ekstrom Library will stay open until 2 a.m. on the following day: Wednesday, April 18; Thursday, April 19; Sunday, April 22; Monday, April 23; Thursday,...
- Posted April 17, 2012