- Protestors form around Confederate monument
- U of L and city to remove Confederate monument
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
- New business center aims for efficiency
- A&S to pilot new community service app
- Board of Trustees cancels no-confidence discussion
- Follett selected as new U of L bookstore partner
- Editor’s note: 10 things I learned as EIC
- COO says audit has strengthened financial controls
- Interim Provost Pinto holds open forum on campus
All posts tagged "Russ Smith"
- The Evolution of Trez
By Noah Allison: Freshman Year Harrell stepped into an advantageous yet demanding role on the 2012-2013 Louisville basketball squad. He was the only freshman to dress and the only freshman to contribute in every game of the...
- Posted January 27, 2015
- Men’s basketball run ends as it falls to Kentucky in Sweet Sixteen
By Annie Moore The Louisville men’s basketball team saw its season come to an end in the Sweet Sixteen against in-state rival Kentucky, 74-69. The loss marked what head coach Rick Pitino called ‘the end of an...
- Posted March 29, 2014
- Men’s basketball coasts through AAC Tournament
By Sam Draut Louisville defeated UConn 71-61 to win the inaugural American Athletic Conference Championship in at the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn. Saturday. Montrezl Harrell led the Cardinals with 22 points and 11 rebounds. The sophomore...
- Posted March 17, 2014
- No. 11 Louisville beats No. 19 UConn 81-48
By Sam Draut– No. 11 Louisville celebrated the careers of the four seniors who have seen the most wins in their careers in Cardinal history as Louisville routed No. 19 Connecticut 81-48 on Saturday at the KFC...
- Posted March 8, 2014
- No. 11 Louisville beats No. 18 SMU 84-71
By Sam Draut– Russ Smith scored 22 points in the second half, hitting six three pointers, leading eleventh ranked Louisville to an 84-71 win against eighteenth ranked Southern Methodist. The Cardinals second road victory over a ranked...
- Posted March 5, 2014
- Louisville men’s basketball defeats UConn on the road
By Sam Draut The Cardinals did not get caught up in the emotions Saturday night in Storrs Connecticut, and instead, walked out with their first signature win of the season. The eighteenth ranked University of Louisville men’s...
- Posted January 22, 2014
- The Russdiculous-ness continues
By Noah Allison There is only one team in the nation that has a player like Russ Smith, and that is the team that has Russ Smith. The Louisville Cardinals’ senior shooting guard may prove to be...
- Posted November 13, 2013
- Power in the backcourt
By Sam Draut The Louisville Cardinals add three new pieces to the backcourt this year to go along with senior Russ Smith, junior Kevin Ware, and senior Tim Henderson. Junior Chris Jones is a junior college transfer...
- Posted November 13, 2013
- Second Red-White basketball scrimmage
By Sam Draut The University of Louisville men’s basketball team held their second intra-squad scrimmage on Saturday at the KFC YUM! Center. The Red team defeated the White team 70-65. The Red team was led by...
- Posted October 14, 2013
- Unbreakable: Louisville’s Inspired 2013 Championship Run
In celebration of the University of Louisville’s NCAA Championship victory over the University of Michigan, The Louisville Cardinal, the independent student newspaper, is proud to announce the publication of “Unbreakable: Louisville’s Inspired 2013 Championship Run,” an instant...
- Posted April 10, 2013