- Preview: Louisville faces Michigan State in Elite Eight
- Louisville advances to the Elite Eight
- #CardinalBoom15: U of L Fans Watch Sweet 16 Game
- Striving for PEACC: The Storycatcher Project Exhibit and Performance
- Kendrick Lamar stuns listeners with lyricism in third album, “To Pimp a Butterfly”
- Kevin Ware has successful first season at Georgia State
- Quentin Snider keeps improving
- Wayne Blackshear joins thousand-point club
- SGA Update: Senate talks SAC, L Trail
- North Carolina State Sweet Sixteen Preview
Louisville’s men improve to 19-4 with win at Houston
By Noah Allison–
The University of Louisville men’s basketball team left Houston Wednesday night with a 77-62 win and now stand at 19-4 overall with a 9-2 record in AAC play.
The number 14 Cards were led by senior guard Russ Smith, leading the Cards in scoring with 17 points and assists with six. Forwards Luke Hancock and Montrezl Harrell contributed 15 points each.
Junior guard Chris Jones was able to reassert himself into the offense after missing a series of games due to injury. Jones scored 14 points and led the Cardinals with five steals.
Houston fought back from a 20-point deficit in the second half to cut the lead to nine and have a fighting chance. But Louisville road out an 11-point lead or more throughout the rest of the game to ensure victory.
Louisville scored 24 points off turnovers and tied Houston in total rebounds with 29.
U of L next plays at Temple, Thursday, February 13, at 7:00 p.m.
Photo by Austin Lassell/Louisville Cardinal