- WaterStep partners with GE FirstBuild Factory and the Student Water Initiative
- Attorney for Sherry Roark Requests “Correction”
- Increased bike traffic leads to overcrowded bike racks
- TARC shuttle will go to off-campus housing
- Women’s soccer perseveres in 3-2 overtime comeback
- Men’s soccer dismantles Duke in 5-0 victory
- Realistic expectations kick in as Louisville loses in Virginia, 23-21
- The Grove receives Temporary Certificate of Occupancy, will be reinspected in October
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos fully demolished
- Editorial: It shouldn’t take a stabbing for U of L to ramp up security
Louisville’s men improve to 19-4 with win at Houston
By Noah Allison–
The University of Louisville men’s basketball team left Houston Wednesday night with a 77-62 win and now stand at 19-4 overall with a 9-2 record in AAC play.
The number 14 Cards were led by senior guard Russ Smith, leading the Cards in scoring with 17 points and assists with six. Forwards Luke Hancock and Montrezl Harrell contributed 15 points each.
Junior guard Chris Jones was able to reassert himself into the offense after missing a series of games due to injury. Jones scored 14 points and led the Cardinals with five steals.
Houston fought back from a 20-point deficit in the second half to cut the lead to nine and have a fighting chance. But Louisville road out an 11-point lead or more throughout the rest of the game to ensure victory.
Louisville scored 24 points off turnovers and tied Houston in total rebounds with 29.
U of L next plays at Temple, Thursday, February 13, at 7:00 p.m.
Photo by Austin Lassell/Louisville Cardinal