- SGA Update: Senate talks through proposed meal plan increases
- The Evolution of Trez
- Burning up: Miller students get a rude awakening with fire scare
- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
- Tennis’ lone senior to lead underclassmen into ACC
- Get on board: Louisville tennis ready to raise the bar, take on ACC
- From Miss Volleyball to Miss Kentucky: Q & A with Katie George
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
- #SOTU 2015: What you need to know
- Lawyer’s report discredits former Vice President for Human Resources
Zeta Tau Alpha sorority helps fight breast cancer
By Ashley Edwards–
October is national Breast Cancer Education and Awareness month and this year Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority is going to paint Louisville pink.
I’ve personally been a part of this organization for two years, and this is one of our favorite months of the year. Throughout the rest of October, we will be doing several things to “pink out” the campus and raise money around Louisville for our philanthropy: breast cancer education and awareness.
We started off October 5 by volunteering at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. There we did several things to help out including working at the check-in stand, visiting the survivor’s tent and participating in the race.
Those at the survivor’s tent got to see who we were directly helping find a cure for.
Our next stop will be the pink tailgate at the football homecoming game on Friday, October 18. Here we will set up a booth where we will sell baked goods to raise money in addition to taking donations and passing out pink ribbons to all of the fans.
Our last big bang to help raise money and awareness will be our annual Yogurt Eating Contest on Friday October 25 in the Red Barn. Last year, this was a very successful event for us. We will be raffling off several different baskets in addition to free food and of course the famous yogurt-eating contest. We will have a sign-up sheet the week before in the SAC so stop by and see us!
We invite everyone to come out and support us in all of our events we are hosting this month and remember to Think Pink!
Image courtesy of ZetaTauAlpha.org