- Brief: Auditor to examine U of L Foundation
- Title IX notices now required in U of L syllabi
- Brief: Mardis switches titles, edits responsibilities
- Sands shaking up U of L’s organization
- Brief: Housing director leaving for FSU
- PHOTO: New ramp connects campus to Third Street
- The biggest headlines of 2014-2015
- Tuition to increase by three percent
- PHOTO: Demolition begins on The Complex
- Residents say new owners improving former Grove
Sophomore Jeffrey Brown wins Intercollegiate Tennis Association summer consolation bracket
By Annie Moore–
Summer is no off-season for Louisville Tennis player Jeffrey Brown. The sophomore recently won the consolation bracket of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association tournament hosted by Florida State University.
In the first round, Brown fell to FSU’s Dominic Coltrane 6-2,6-1. Brown demonstrated his resilience, winning the next three sets on his way to the final match. He defeated David Forehand 6-4,6-2 in the round of 16, and advanced to face Colin Fiegel, whom he also defeated 6-4,6-2. Finally, Brown defeated Parker Goldstein 6-4,7-5 to claim the consolation title.
“I am glad to see Jeffrey working hard on his game and preparing himself for a successful sophomore year,” said U of L head coach Rex Ecarma, in an interview with gocards.com, the official University of Louisville Athletics website. “He spent the month of June with a speed and strength trainer back home and it is already paying some dividends. He plans to play more tournaments this month and this result should be a launching pad for better results.”
Brown will put his skills to the test when he and the rest of the Louisville Men’s Tennis team kick off the season at the Duke Invitational on Sept. 14.
Photo courtesy of Ustaboys.com