- College Football Playoffs watch: Week eight updates
- Halloween activities lurk through Louisville
- Arch residents complain about the Fourth Street underpass
- Waka Flocka Flame ignites homecoming concert
- New “Ouija” horrifies more than its prequel
- U of L faculty assembly undergoes some changes
- U.S. Senator Joni Ernst visits U of L
- Louisville fans need to accept what happened in Minardi
- Cardinals’ defense dominate the Wolfpack at home
- Photo gallery: Louisville lights up the scoreboard against NC State
Men’s soccer earns a 3-0 victory over Army
On Saturday, Sept. 8, the University of Louisville men’s soccer team shut out Army 3-0. All three goals took place in the second half, as Louisville increased its urgency in order to secure a victory.
The first goal for the Cardinals came in the 76th minute, when senior forward Buck Tufty received an assist from sophomore midfielder Alex Obbey and delivered the ball to the back of the net. With a strike from senior defender Greg Cochrane, the Cards earned a second goal in the 86th minute, giving Louisville a further advantage.
The third and final goal followed when, in the 90th minute of play, sophomore midfielder Dylan Mares carried the ball down the field and nailed a shot that ricocheted off of the right goal post and into the net. This gave the University of Louisville its third goal, solidifying a victory for the Cards.
This marked sophomore goalkeeper Joachim Ball’s first shut out of the season. Army tested him only once in the first half.
The U of L men’s soccer team will host another home game on Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 7 p.m. Admission is free for Louisville students who present a valid student ID.
Photos: Austin Lassell/The Louisville Cardinal