- U of L Board of Trustees approves SAC renovations proposal
- Brief: Ramsey addresses #BBScandal
- Where Louisville basketball stands against Katina Powell
- #BlackLivesMatter co-creator gives U of L Pride Week keynote address
- Why NASA’s discoveries matter
- Do you really need a gun? Or are you doing more harm than good?
- Katina Powell’s book is published
- Reaction: Doubt creeps in for Louisville basketball amidst allegations
- #BBScandal: U of L staffer allegedly paid for prostitutes for players, recruits
- A&S Faculty criticize dean, U of L administration in meeting
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal