- Harsh reality sets in for U of L football
- Brace yourselves: Thanksgiving is coming
- Brief: Alumni director resigns amid allegations from UGA
- Ramsey, faculty, students hold diversity conversation
- Students hold candlelight vigil for Paris and Beirut victims
- Smoke-free campus?: Students record nearly 400 accounts of campus smoking
- U of L student continues lawsuit against Powell
- Ramsey issues apology for Halloween costume
- Brief: Katina Powell facing lawsuit
- Student crises overwhelm Counseling Center
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal