- If I had a nickel…
- SGA Update: Senate talks through proposed meal plan increases
- The Evolution of Trez
- Burning up: Miller students get a rude awakening with fire scare
- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
- Tennis’ lone senior to lead underclassmen into ACC
- Get on board: Louisville tennis ready to raise the bar, take on ACC
- From Miss Volleyball to Miss Kentucky: Q & A with Katie George
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
- #SOTU 2015: What you need to know
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal