- College Football Playoffs watch: Week eight updates
- Halloween activities lurk through Louisville
- Arch residents complain about the Fourth Street underpass
- Waka Flocka Flame ignites homecoming concert
- New “Ouija” horrifies more than its prequel
- U of L faculty assembly undergoes some changes
- U.S. Senator Joni Ernst visits U of L
- Louisville fans need to accept what happened in Minardi
- Cardinals’ defense dominate the Wolfpack at home
- Photo gallery: Louisville lights up the scoreboard against NC State
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal