- Kendrick Lamar stuns listeners with lyricism in third album, “To Pimp a Butterfly”
- Kevin Ware has successful first season at Georgia State
- Quentin Snider keeps improving
- Wayne Blackshear joins thousand-point club
- SGA Update: Senate talks SAC, L Trail
- North Carolina State Sweet Sixteen Preview
- Keeping up with Cardinal athletics outside of the madness
- Students fear new crime wave
- U of L remembers Taylor Eubanks
- Cards in Action lobbies for students on Capitol Hill
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal