- Brief: LMPD says HSC armed robberies connected
- Local man robbed at gunpoint near Cardinal Towne
- Cheerleader found dead at Cardinal Towne
- Brief: Security increases on Health Sciences campus after armed robberies
- Changes coming to Fourth Street near campus
- Interactive: Crime Log at U of L
- President Ramsey given raise, reviews year
- Op-Ed: Stop passing the cost to students
- President Ramsey receives performance review
- New associate vice president for alumni relations appointed
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal