- Students, vendors enjoy Belknap farmer’s market
- Speed School deals with business center transition
- U of L appoints Judaic Studies chair
- Students: U of L provides a healthy atmosphere for writing
- Visitor network provides short-term internet access
- Students pedal with the president
- U of L asks The Grove to waive resident rent
- Phil Simms shares stories with U of L students
- College cliches: what they are and how to avoid them
- Best books to read in college: ‘White Oleander’
Pitino and Calipari get big bonuses post-season success
By Sammie Hill–
Head coaches Rick Pitino and John Calipari have both guided their basketball teams towards impressive post-season successes this year; as a reward, the coaches will reap significant bonuses in addition to their annual compensation.
Calipari has collected $400,000 in bonuses for capturing the SEC conference title as well as for advancing to the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.
If the University of Kentucky wins the national championship, Calipari would receive an additional $350,000.
Pitino has also garnered benefits from his team’s accomplishments; since the University of Louisville won the Big East tournament and advanced to the Final Four, Pitino has earned $225,000.
If U of L had won the NCAA tournament, this amount would have been augmented by $150,000.
Photo: Nathan Gardner/The Louisville Cardinal