Who reads The Louisville Cardinal?
The Louisville Cardinal distributes 8,000 copies weekly across three campuses: Belknap, Shelby and the Health Sciences Center, as well as surrounding areas. Faculty, staff, students and alumni turn to the Cardinal for its unique perspective on university, campus and city news.
- 22,640 students
- 15,513 undergraduates
- 49.4 percent male
- 50.6 percent female
- 27 percent minorities
- 7074 staff and faculty members
*All numbers from the 2016 academic year.
Hallie Striby / [email protected]
Publication Dates for Fall 2017
- August 22 – Welcome Back Issue
- August 29 – Football Preview
- September 5
- September 12 – Finance Issue
- September 19
- September 26
- October 3
- October 17
- October 24 – Halloween Issue
- October 31
- November 7
- November 14 – Basketball Preview
- November 21
- November 28 – Holiday Guide
Publication Dates for Spring 2018
- January 9
- January 16
- January 23 – Spring Break Guide
- January 30
- February 6 -Valentine Issue
- February 13
- February 20
- February 27
- March 6 – Food Issue
- March 20
- March 27
- April 3 – Student Housing
- April 10
- April 17 – Orientation Issue
- Artwork must be emailed at least one week prior to publication date to [email protected].
- Artwork must be of standard size; accounts will be billed an additional $20 per hour for design work the Cardinal must do to make an ad meet specifications.
- Artwork will only be accepted as a JPEG or PDF file. Artwork will only be accepted in colors: CMYK, grayscale, or true black (K 100%).
- Ad position is only guaranteed when premium placement is ordered in the contract.
- Ads may be rejected on the basis of text or graphical content at the discretion of the ad staff.
- The Editor-in-Chief makes final decisions regarding approval of ad artwork and placement.
- The Louisville Cardinal will be responsible for first-run errors only. It is the responsibility of the advertiser to notify The Cardinal of these errors. The limit of responsibility will be the cost of the portion of the ad in which the error occurs. No extra allowance will be made for campaign damages.
- The Louisville Cardinal reserves the right to reject advertising that discriminates on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any status protected by local, state or federal law.
- Advertising for products that are illegal, according to local, state or federal law, will be rejected.
- The advertiser and/or the advertising agency assume(s) liability for all content (including text, photos and illustrations) of advertisements printed or published online, as well as the responsibility of any claims arising against The Louisville Cardinal.
- Advertisers placing display ads will be sent invoices within one week of publication.
- Advertising orders must be paid prior to publication date (until credit is established).
- Prepayment is required for all out-of-state, 1-900 number, bar, nightclub, political advertisers, business opportunities, and gold and silver: wanted/for sale.
- Accounts that are unpaid after 30 days will be refused advertising until the past-due amount is paid in full. There will be a five percent monthly finance charge on unpaid balances after 30 days.
- All questions related to the charges must be directed to The Louisville Cardinal Advertising Manager or Business Manager.