- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Governor names new U of L trustees
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
- Nation prepares for Inauguration Day
- New dining options delayed
All posts tagged "President James Ramsey"
- Kentucky Senate votes to abolish U of L’s board
By Kyeland Jackson — Kentucky Senate members approved a bill abolishing U of L’s Board of Trustees, introducing a smaller board with senate-approved members. The measure passed with senators voting 25-11. Members contested Senate Bill 12 on the...
- Posted January 5, 2017
- Ramsey should be held accountable if IRS hammers down
By Chris Acree — What did your former employer give you the last time you quit a job? Heartfelt well-wishes? A free food item? A reminder to not let the doorknob hit your posterior upon your exit...
- Posted August 25, 2016
- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
By Kyeland Jackson — James Ramsey may not be out of the U of L woods yet. Ramsey’s presidency of the University of Louisville Foundation can now be stripped by its board. An analysis of Ramsey’s contract by...
- Posted August 23, 2016
- Board OK’s Ramsey’s resignation
By Kyeland Jackson — Effective immediately, James Ramsey is no longer president of the University of Louisville. Trustees accepted Ramsey’s resignation during a special board meeting Wednesday. Chair Pro Tem Junior Bridgeman read the resignation letter which detailed the...
- Posted July 28, 2016
- Trustees deciding Ramsey’s fate in private
By Kyeland Jackson — Countdown to a decision on President James Ramsey’s future lengthened after the board of trustees called for an executive session Wednesday. The agenda for Wednesday’s special meeting called for discussion on Ramsey’s offered resignation and...
- Posted July 27, 2016
- Board of Trustees meeting rescheduled for Wednesday
By Kyeland Jackson — Univeristy of Louisville trustees will discuss President James Ramsey’s fate Wednesday, after abruptly canceling a July 26 meeting an hour before it was scheduled to begin. Tomorrow’s meeting begins at 3:30 p.m. The...
- Posted July 26, 2016
- Ramsey’s fate to be decided Tuesday
By Kyeland Jackson — Update: As of Tuesday morning, this meeting was postponed due to scheduling conflicts. Date of the rescheduled meeting has not been decided. President James Ramsey’s resignation will be decided sooner than later, after the...
- Posted July 25, 2016
- Brief: Ramsey offered to resign
By Kyeland Jackson — President James Ramsey offered his resignation to the new board of trustees. Board chair Junior Bridgeman revealed Ramsey’s resignation offer via a news release today. “During the Board of Trustees meeting on 7/13/16, in closed...
- Posted July 14, 2016
- Ramsey does not offer resignation to new board
By Kyeland Jackson — Less than 24 hours later, The Cardinal learned president James Ramsey did read his resignation to the trustees in closed session. Story here. James Ramsey is still the president of the University of...
- Posted July 13, 2016
- Ramsey improved U of L despite recent controversies
By Olivia Krauth — Much like the past year, President James Ramsey has been in headlines in the past two weeks after it was announced he would offer his resignation to the new board of trustees. He...
- Posted July 1, 2016