- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
- Mallory Comerford reflects on her national championship performance
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ stuns as live-action remake
- Trump rally draws supporters and protesters
All posts tagged "editorial"
- Editorial: My degree is more important than a political agenda
Remember this past summer when Governor Matt Bevin took it upon himself to dissolve U of L’s Board of Trustees? Many of us focused on Bevin’s more immediate call for former U of L President James Ramsey...
- Posted December 13, 2016
- Editorial: SGA Senate fails constituency in lead-up to vote of no-confidence
By Louisville Cardinal Staff– As students at U of L, we are all members of the Student Government Association. Our governing body was tasked with the responsibility this week to vote on a resolution of no-confidence in...
- Posted April 11, 2016
- The Louisville Cardinal endorses Aaron Vance for SGA president
By Adeline Wilson– This past year has been a media hell storm for the University of Louisville. The alleged scandals our institution have been involved in embarrass our reputation and threaten our academic credibility. As a result,...
- Posted February 15, 2016
- Editorial: We got your back. Do you have ours?
Those of us who practice objective journalism, for the most part, strongly value and encourage diligent reporting. Without objectivity, major media outlets would hold no credibility and scandal-mongering stories would be the norm. As student journalists at U...
- Posted November 13, 2015
- Editorial: Student money should go to student space
By The Cardinal Staff: The university and SGA are once again in a conflict over the proposed renovation of the East Wing of the Student Activities Center. The plan, which was included in the 2011 Student Recreation...
- Posted March 10, 2015
- EDITORIAL: Freedom of speech should be free of fear
This Editorial represents the views of the editorial staff at The Louisville Cardinal On January 7, two masked gunmen wielding assault rifles stormed the offices of the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris, France, killing 11 inside,...
- Posted January 20, 2015
- Montrezl Harrell, sophomore sensation
By Noah Allison I would have started this story ranting about how sophomore power forward, and the team’s third captain Montrezl Harrell isn’t getting enough credit for his production to the team. But at this point I’m...
- Posted January 22, 2014
- Editorial: We aren’t so different after all
To the newly elected officials of the Student Government Association, You have to be insane to want to work at a newspaper, or in government. Especially the student varieties of both. The student government and newspaper work...
- Posted February 27, 2013
- President Obama addresses the Millenials
By Cailtlyn Crenshaw– “For we remember the lessons of our past,” President Obama declared in his second inaugural address last Monday. Most notably, Obama remembered the lessons of Seneca Falls, Selma and Stonewall; however, these lessons seem...
- Posted January 30, 2013
- Editorial: When a library burns
“When an elder dies, it is as if a whole library had burned down.” – West African proverb There have been few men in the University of Louisville’s roster of deans and professors who have, in their...
- Posted January 15, 2013