- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
- The Weeknd’s “Starboy” faintly shines
Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
Louisville Metro Police charged a suspect in connection to all four armed robberies near the Health Sciences Campus in July.
Andre Lewis, 24, initially faced charges of first-degree robbery, criminal mischief, possession of a handgun by a felon and giving police a false name for his involvement in the HSC shootout on July 28. Three additional charges of robbery and possession of a handgun by a felon were added Aug. 8.
Lewis allegedly attempted to rob a U of L employee the morning of July 28. Both parties then exchanged gunfire, leaving both with non-life threatening injuries. Lewis was charged after he was released from the hospital on Aug. 6.
The shootout and attempted robbery was the last in the string of armed robberies around the HSC.