- SACS confirms accreditation worries
- Board increases tuition, other fees
- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
- One non-student shot near Bettie Johnson Hall
- Former Louisville cheerleader killed in car accident
- Pinto allays concerns, promises transparency going forward
New associate vice president for alumni relations appointed
By Simon Isham–
The U of L Board of Trustees today appointed Deborah Dietzler as the associate vice president for alumni relations. The board met today in Paducah, Ky.
Dietzler comes to U of L from the University of Georgia, where she served in various roles including executive director of alumni relations since 1997. She has been president of the Alumni Directors of the Southeastern Conference and also chaired the Council of Alumni Executives summer 2008 institute. Dietzler holds a bachelor’s degree in English from Hofstra University, a master’s in marketing from Texas A & M, and is currently pursuing a doctorate in higher education management.
“I am honored to have this opportunity and eager to get to work,” said Dietzler. “This organization has come a long way in recent years, but there is more we must do to capitalize on the opportunities in front of us. I am looking forward to engaging with the more than 140,000 alumni who are proud to call themselves Cardinals.”
Dietzler will begin her new role on July 14.