- Foundation paid Ramsey nearly $3 million in 2014
- Judge says Confederate statue can move
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
- U of L adds urban sustainability degree
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
- Where are the Cards now: Chaz Embry and David Green
- Grigory Tarasevich looks to place in Rio
- Staff being paid less than national average
- Brief: U of L bookstore closing in transition to Follett
- U of L alumni bring experience to Derby
Brief: Reports of gunshots heard near The Province
By Olivia Krauth–
Police are currently looking into reports of gunshots near The Province.
Residents of the student apartment complex report hearing three gunshots coming from an alley behind the complex around 10 p.m. Thursday night.
“It was kind of out of the ordinary,” said one U of L student, who claims to have heard the gunshots through his open window. “You could hear the brass (shell casings) actually fall and hit the concrete, so you knew it had to be close.”
This story will be updated if more information becomes available.