- Protestors form around Confederate monument
- U of L and city to remove Confederate monument
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
- New business center aims for efficiency
- A&S to pilot new community service app
- Board of Trustees cancels no-confidence discussion
- Follett selected as new U of L bookstore partner
- Editor’s note: 10 things I learned as EIC
- COO says audit has strengthened financial controls
- Interim Provost Pinto holds open forum on campus
Brief: Reports of gunshots heard near The Province
By Olivia Krauth–
Police are currently looking into reports of gunshots near The Province.
Residents of the student apartment complex report hearing three gunshots coming from an alley behind the complex around 10 p.m. Thursday night.
“It was kind of out of the ordinary,” said one U of L student, who claims to have heard the gunshots through his open window. “You could hear the brass (shell casings) actually fall and hit the concrete, so you knew it had to be close.”
This story will be updated if more information becomes available.