- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
Brief: Reports of gunshots heard near The Province
By Olivia Krauth–
Police are currently looking into reports of gunshots near The Province.
Residents of the student apartment complex report hearing three gunshots coming from an alley behind the complex around 10 p.m. Thursday night.
“It was kind of out of the ordinary,” said one U of L student, who claims to have heard the gunshots through his open window. “You could hear the brass (shell casings) actually fall and hit the concrete, so you knew it had to be close.”
This story will be updated if more information becomes available.