- Brief: Auditor to examine U of L Foundation
- Title IX notices now required in U of L syllabi
- Brief: Mardis switches titles, edits responsibilities
- Sands shaking up U of L’s organization
- Brief: Housing director leaving for FSU
- PHOTO: New ramp connects campus to Third Street
- The biggest headlines of 2014-2015
- Tuition to increase by three percent
- PHOTO: Demolition begins on The Complex
- Residents say new owners improving former Grove
The Gathering moving off campus
By Karlie Griffith–
The Gathering Campus Ministry of the United Methodist Church at U of L is moving off campus beginning Feb. 27.
The Gathering Director Marco Ballesteros made the decision to move the Thursday night dinner and worship service from the Interfaith Center to the Avenue in Cardinal Towne in hopes to reach more college students and grow The Gathering ministry.
Many Gathering goers are embracing this change and “are ready for everything that God has in store for not only them but The Gathering Ministry in the upcoming days.”
“It will be a good change that will put us closer to the students and give us more of an opportunity to reach out to our peers,” said Emily Cooksey, who attends the service.
Ballesteros made the announcement Feb. 13 during the 7:30 p.m. worship service after dropping hints on Facebook that great changes were about to take place. One status said, “Great things are on the way for The Gathering this semester…Stay tuned!”
The times for the Thursday night dinner and worship have not changed with dinner being served at 6:30 p.m. followed by a worship service at 7:30 p.m..