- U of L Students Move-In
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 19
- #CardmailProbs: An end in sight?
- #GroveWatch: The countdown to campus’ newest housing option – Aug. 11
- Emails fail to send after attempt to upgrade software – part four
- Brief: LMPD charges suspect in HSC crimes
- Brief: ULPD detain suspect in attempted break-in
- Sodexo plans new restaurant, extended hours
- PHOTOS: Iconic silos being torn down
- Students concerned after HSC robberies
Breast cancer awareness can break a world record
By: Ashley Edwards
It’s the last week of Breast Cancer Education and Awareness month and Humana wants to go out with a bang! This Friday October 25th they are inviting everyone in the Louisville area to come join them in breaking a Guinness World Record.
According to Guinness World Records, The current world record was achieved when 3,952 people gathered to form a giant pink human ribbon as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 28, 2010 taking the record of 3,640 from a group in Germany in 2007.
This event will be held at the Waterfront Park and they are expecting over 7,000 people to come decked out in pink. They encourage you to get there at 4pm to receive one of their 10,000 free T-shirts but ribbon formation won’t start until 5pm.
So, if you’re interested in supporting Breast Cancer Education and Awareness and Humana’s goal of inspiring health and well being or if you just want to be apart of breaking a record come join the fun this Friday at Waterfront Park.
For more information you can go to Humana’s Facebook page by clicking the link below:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=617599804944766&set=a.309694652401951.70519.224204524284298&type=1&theater.
Photo Courtesy of Google Images