- Voter turn out crucial in election season
- The murder next door: Hearing the Stop-N-Go shooting
- Brief: Trustee Paul Diaz resigns
- U of L announces self-imposed postseason ban
- U of L kicks off capital campaign for stadium expansion
- Off-campus convenience store employee shot, killed
- Ramsey leads tense discussion on provost search
- Football signs 23 prospects on National Signing Day
- Proposed budget cuts, new building discussed in faculty senate
- SGA announces candidates for 2016 election
Breast cancer awareness can break a world record
By: Ashley Edwards
It’s the last week of Breast Cancer Education and Awareness month and Humana wants to go out with a bang! This Friday October 25th they are inviting everyone in the Louisville area to come join them in breaking a Guinness World Record.
According to Guinness World Records, The current world record was achieved when 3,952 people gathered to form a giant pink human ribbon as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 28, 2010 taking the record of 3,640 from a group in Germany in 2007.
This event will be held at the Waterfront Park and they are expecting over 7,000 people to come decked out in pink. They encourage you to get there at 4pm to receive one of their 10,000 free T-shirts but ribbon formation won’t start until 5pm.
So, if you’re interested in supporting Breast Cancer Education and Awareness and Humana’s goal of inspiring health and well being or if you just want to be apart of breaking a record come join the fun this Friday at Waterfront Park.
For more information you can go to Humana’s Facebook page by clicking the link below:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=617599804944766&set=a.309694652401951.70519.224204524284298&type=1&theater.
Photo Courtesy of Google Images