- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Governor names new U of L trustees
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
- Nation prepares for Inauguration Day
- New dining options delayed
Breast cancer awareness can break a world record
By: Ashley Edwards
It’s the last week of Breast Cancer Education and Awareness month and Humana wants to go out with a bang! This Friday October 25th they are inviting everyone in the Louisville area to come join them in breaking a Guinness World Record.
According to Guinness World Records, The current world record was achieved when 3,952 people gathered to form a giant pink human ribbon as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 28, 2010 taking the record of 3,640 from a group in Germany in 2007.
This event will be held at the Waterfront Park and they are expecting over 7,000 people to come decked out in pink. They encourage you to get there at 4pm to receive one of their 10,000 free T-shirts but ribbon formation won’t start until 5pm.
So, if you’re interested in supporting Breast Cancer Education and Awareness and Humana’s goal of inspiring health and well being or if you just want to be apart of breaking a record come join the fun this Friday at Waterfront Park.
For more information you can go to Humana’s Facebook page by clicking the link below:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=617599804944766&set=a.309694652401951.70519.224204524284298&type=1&theater.
Photo Courtesy of Google Images