- Louisville wins ACC opener over Miami 31-13
- Harrell earns ACC pre-season 1st team All-American honors
- Cards fly away with 11-2 rout of St. Louis
- Men’s basketball gains three commits over summer
- Campus Housing assured by The Grove that property was ready
- Over 7,000 fans witness men’s 1-0 victory over second ranked Maryland
- Chatham DeProspo’s historic goal lifts women 1-0 over Ole Miss
- Students, vendors enjoy Belknap farmer’s market
- Speed School deals with business center transition
- U of L appoints Judaic Studies chair
Breast cancer awareness can break a world record
By: Ashley Edwards
It’s the last week of Breast Cancer Education and Awareness month and Humana wants to go out with a bang! This Friday October 25th they are inviting everyone in the Louisville area to come join them in breaking a Guinness World Record.
According to Guinness World Records, The current world record was achieved when 3,952 people gathered to form a giant pink human ribbon as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Oct. 28, 2010 taking the record of 3,640 from a group in Germany in 2007.
This event will be held at the Waterfront Park and they are expecting over 7,000 people to come decked out in pink. They encourage you to get there at 4pm to receive one of their 10,000 free T-shirts but ribbon formation won’t start until 5pm.
So, if you’re interested in supporting Breast Cancer Education and Awareness and Humana’s goal of inspiring health and well being or if you just want to be apart of breaking a record come join the fun this Friday at Waterfront Park.
For more information you can go to Humana’s Facebook page by clicking the link below:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=617599804944766&set=a.309694652401951.70519.224204524284298&type=1&theater.
Photo Courtesy of Google Images