By Daniel Ngongo
The University of Louisville announced the opening of applications for this year’s Homecoming King and Queen. Continuing its long-standing tradition, the university seeks to spotlight “outstanding students and their daily contributions to our Cardinal community.”
Open exclusively to upperclassmen students, this event serves as an excellent opportunity for the brightest Cardinals to shine. Candidates are recognized not only for their academic prowess but also for their significant social involvement and commitment to community engagement.
- Deadline: All applications must be submitted by Tuesday, September 19th at 11:59 PM.
- Eligibility: Candidates must be enrolled at UofL and maintain good academic standing. They should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 and have completed at least 90 credit hours.
- Sponsorship: A recognized student organization, university department, or an approved university group must sponsor all candidates. No sponsoring organization can support more than two candidates. However, candidates need not be members of their sponsoring organizations. Additionally, residence halls and affiliated housing are eligible to sponsor, provided they remain in good standing with the university.
- Interviews: Candidates will need to sign up for interviews, scheduled on September 21st and 22nd.
- Top Twenty reveal: October 5th.
- Top Ten announcement: October 19th.
- All court members’ attendance at the Homecoming football game is mandatory on October 28th.
Service Platforms: In alignment with the university’s commitment to service, each candidate is required to choose a platform that highlights a particular service organization or project. This will serve to raise awareness for the chosen organization. Notably, only two candidates can choose the same platform.
Voting Process: Mark your calendars, Cardinals! Voting kicks off at 12:00 AM on October 6th and concludes on October 16th at 11:59 PM.
Additionally, the U of L Student Activities Board is sponsoring a Homecoming T-Shirt Contest. Submissions must be original artwork and should encapsulate the tradition of Homecoming at U of L. The deadline is September 22nd and can be submitted through their link on Engage.
Photo Courtesy // U of L SAB