- Foundation cuts $13.7 million from U of L
- Trump rally reveals disconnect between message and action
- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Club hockey and rugby take steps to build their programs
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
All posts tagged "women’s basketball"
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
By Matt Bradshaw– No. 12 women’s basketball defeated Boston College in a 68-43 rout, moving them to a 22-6 record. Despite winning by 25, Louisville did not have their best offensive performance. They shot 46 percent and...
- Posted February 12, 2017
- Women’s basketball blows by Lafayette 92-48
By Dalton Ray– The women’s basketball team defeated Lafayette 92-47. Louisville has scored at least 80 points in four of the first five games. The Cards move to 5-0 on the season and host Chattanooga tomorrow night....
- Posted November 20, 2016
- Looking back at five questions of U of L Athletics in 2016
By Dalton Ray– Earlier this year, The Cardinal released U of L Athletics’ five best moments of 2015. In that article, the second half included five questions for 2016. As July begins, nearly all of the questions have been answered....
- Posted July 4, 2016
- LIVE Blog: U of L – Central Arkansas
By Sam Draut– However unlikely an NCAA tournament appearance might have seemed when the University of Louisville women’s basketball team began the year 1-4, the Cardinals found a way to turn around the season and won 22 of their...
- Posted March 18, 2016
- Women’s basketball receive 3-seed in NCAA tournament
By Sam Draut– The University of Louisville women’s basketball team missed out on staying close to home for the entirety of a potential run in the NCAA tournament, but the three-seeded Cardinals will play their first round...
- Posted March 14, 2016
- Gallery: Louisville defeats Wake Forest 78-54
Photos by Laurel Slaughter–
- Posted January 31, 2016
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
By Sam Draut– After losing perimeter scorers Shoni Schimmel, Antonita Slaughter and Tia Gibbs to exhausted eligibility, Louisville head coach Jeff Walz knew he had to replenish the scoring mentality. Midway through the year, freshman Mariya Moore...
- Posted January 22, 2015
- Louisville women’s basketball advances to Elite Eight with win over LSU
By Sam Draut Louisville cruised to a 73-47 victory over LSU on Sunday to advance to the Elite Eight. Shoni Schimmel led Cardinal scorers with 19 points and added six assists. Tia Gibbs hit five three pointers,...
- Posted March 31, 2014
- Sweet 16 coverage, away and at home
Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams are headed into Sweet 16 action this weekend! The University of Louisville now stands alone as the only school to have both men’s and women’s basketball go to back-to-back Sweet...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- Women advance with opening round win over Idaho
By Sam Draut The University of Louisville Women’s basketball team opened up the first round of the NCAA tournament with a commanding 88-42 victory over Idaho. Louisville, 31-4, was led by Sara Hammond, who was one of...
- Posted March 25, 2014