- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
All posts tagged "women’s basketball"
- Women’s basketball blows by Lafayette 92-48
By Dalton Ray– The women’s basketball team defeated Lafayette 92-47. Louisville has scored at least 80 points in four of the first five games. The Cards move to 5-0 on the season and host Chattanooga tomorrow night....
- Posted November 20, 2016
- Looking back at five questions of U of L Athletics in 2016
By Dalton Ray– Earlier this year, The Cardinal released U of L Athletics’ five best moments of 2015. In that article, the second half included five questions for 2016. As July begins, nearly all of the questions have been answered....
- Posted July 4, 2016
- LIVE Blog: U of L – Central Arkansas
By Sam Draut– However unlikely an NCAA tournament appearance might have seemed when the University of Louisville women’s basketball team began the year 1-4, the Cardinals found a way to turn around the season and won 22 of their...
- Posted March 18, 2016
- Women’s basketball receive 3-seed in NCAA tournament
By Sam Draut– The University of Louisville women’s basketball team missed out on staying close to home for the entirety of a potential run in the NCAA tournament, but the three-seeded Cardinals will play their first round...
- Posted March 14, 2016
- Gallery: Louisville defeats Wake Forest 78-54
Photos by Laurel Slaughter–
- Posted January 31, 2016
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
By Sam Draut– After losing perimeter scorers Shoni Schimmel, Antonita Slaughter and Tia Gibbs to exhausted eligibility, Louisville head coach Jeff Walz knew he had to replenish the scoring mentality. Midway through the year, freshman Mariya Moore...
- Posted January 22, 2015
- Louisville women’s basketball advances to Elite Eight with win over LSU
By Sam Draut Louisville cruised to a 73-47 victory over LSU on Sunday to advance to the Elite Eight. Shoni Schimmel led Cardinal scorers with 19 points and added six assists. Tia Gibbs hit five three pointers,...
- Posted March 31, 2014
- Sweet 16 coverage, away and at home
Both the men’s and women’s basketball teams are headed into Sweet 16 action this weekend! The University of Louisville now stands alone as the only school to have both men’s and women’s basketball go to back-to-back Sweet...
- Posted March 28, 2014
- Women advance with opening round win over Idaho
By Sam Draut The University of Louisville Women’s basketball team opened up the first round of the NCAA tournament with a commanding 88-42 victory over Idaho. Louisville, 31-4, was led by Sara Hammond, who was one of...
- Posted March 25, 2014
- Louisville defeats Temple 60-50
After suffering just their second loss of the season Sunday against UConn, fourth ranked Louisville (24-2) defeated Temple 60-50 on Wednesday night at the KFC YUM! Center. Shoni Schimmel led Cardinal scorers with 21 points and added...
- Posted February 12, 2014