- Get exclusive Kentucky Oaks coverage here
- Brief: TLC Bringing Three-day coverage for Derby weekend
- Brief: U of L investigation stalled by late reports
- Faculty senate shows confidence in Ramsey
- Sanders rallies in Louisville during Indiana win
- Student suit against Powell dismissed
- Editorial: Moving statue does not erase history
- Judge halts Confederate statue removal
- Protestors form around Confederate monument
- U of L and city to remove Confederate monument
All posts tagged "Wayne Blackshear"
- Five questions facing men’s basketball
By Sam Draut– With a self-imposed postseason ban announced on Feb. 5, the University of Louisville men’s basketball team ended its 2015-16 season with a 68-46 loss to Virginia Saturday. Heading into the offseason, five questions surround...
- Posted March 8, 2016
- Louisville advances to the Elite Eight
By Sam Draut– For the fifth time in the past seven years, Louisville is headed to the Elite Eight. The Cardinals defeated N.C. State 75-65 Friday night to play for the opportunity at a Final Four. Montrezl...
- Posted March 27, 2015
- Wayne Blackshear joins thousand-point club
By Noah Allison– With 10:16 left in the first half senior forward Wayne Blackshear made a 23-foot three pointer. With his first score of the game he became the 67th Louisville Cardinal to reach the thousand-point mark...
- Posted March 25, 2015
- Preview: Louisville faces UNI in Round of 32
By Sam Draut– After a hard fought 57-55 victory on Friday against UC Irvine, Louisville faces fifth-seeded Northern Iowa Sunday evening at 9:40 p.m. in Seattle for a spot in the Sweet 16. The Panthers’ 6-foot-8 forward...
- Posted March 21, 2015
- Preview: Louisville faces UC Irvine in second round
Fourth-seeded Louisville will face 13th-seeded UC Irvine Friday afternoon in Seattle, Washington in the second round of the NCAA tournament. The Anteaters (21-12) are playing in their program’s first NCAA tournament game while the Cardinals (24-8) have...
- Posted March 20, 2015
- Cards arrive at Key Arena, ready for UC Irvine
Photos by Austin Lassell / The Louisville Cardinal
- Posted March 19, 2015
- Preview: Louisville basketball v. Cincinnati
By Sam Draut The 15th-ranked Cincinnati Bearcats have been the surprise of the inaugural season in the American Conference, posting an 18-2 record and sitting atop the conference at 7-0. The Mick Cronin-coached Bearcats hold the highest...
- Posted January 27, 2014
- Blackshear emerges as leader
By Sam Draut Wayne Blackshear came to the University of Louisville as a McDonalds All-American and the 26th-ranked player by ESPN in the 2011 recruiting class. But, as highly-touted a recruit as Blackshear was, his career as...
- Posted November 13, 2013