- Harsh reality sets in for U of L football
- Brace yourselves: Thanksgiving is coming
- Brief: Alumni director resigns amid allegations from UGA
- Ramsey, faculty, students hold diversity conversation
- Students hold candlelight vigil for Paris and Beirut victims
- Smoke-free campus?: Students record nearly 400 accounts of campus smoking
- U of L student continues lawsuit against Powell
- Ramsey issues apology for Halloween costume
- Brief: Katina Powell facing lawsuit
- Student crises overwhelm Counseling Center
All posts tagged "Wayne Blackshear"
Louisville advances to the Elite Eight
By Sam Draut– For the fifth time in the past seven years, Louisville is headed to the Elite Eight. The Cardinals defeated N.C. State 75-65 Friday night to play for the opportunity at a Final Four. Montrezl...
- Posted March 27, 2015
Wayne Blackshear joins thousand-point club
By Noah Allison– With 10:16 left in the first half senior forward Wayne Blackshear made a 23-foot three pointer. With his first score of the game he became the 67th Louisville Cardinal to reach the thousand-point mark...
- Posted March 25, 2015
Preview: Louisville faces UNI in Round of 32
By Sam Draut– After a hard fought 57-55 victory on Friday against UC Irvine, Louisville faces fifth-seeded Northern Iowa Sunday evening at 9:40 p.m. in Seattle for a spot in the Sweet 16. The Panthers’ 6-foot-8 forward...
- Posted March 21, 2015
Preview: Louisville faces UC Irvine in second round
Fourth-seeded Louisville will face 13th-seeded UC Irvine Friday afternoon in Seattle, Washington in the second round of the NCAA tournament. The Anteaters (21-12) are playing in their program’s first NCAA tournament game while the Cardinals (24-8) have...
- Posted March 20, 2015
Cards arrive at Key Arena, ready for UC Irvine
Photos by Austin Lassell / The Louisville Cardinal
- Posted March 19, 2015
Preview: Louisville basketball v. Cincinnati
By Sam Draut The 15th-ranked Cincinnati Bearcats have been the surprise of the inaugural season in the American Conference, posting an 18-2 record and sitting atop the conference at 7-0. The Mick Cronin-coached Bearcats hold the highest...
- Posted January 27, 2014
Blackshear emerges as leader
By Sam Draut Wayne Blackshear came to the University of Louisville as a McDonalds All-American and the 26th-ranked player by ESPN in the 2011 recruiting class. But, as highly-touted a recruit as Blackshear was, his career as...
- Posted November 13, 2013