- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
- Softball is willing to embrace the challenge in 2017
- Recapping a buzzing weekend in U of L athletics
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
- Panda Express comes to campus
All posts tagged "UofL"
- SAD students: Dealing with seasonal affective disorder on a busy schedule
By Silvana Hill– It’s hard enough to get through the semester without at least a few moments of stress and negativity-and when temperatures drop and sunlight is rare, it can often be compounded. Between four to six...
- Posted February 16, 2017
- Singles Awareness Day doesn’t need to be sad
By Madison Thompson– Valentine’s Day is approaching, but there is another holiday not as well-known or celebrated on the same day. Singles Awareness Day, or Singles Appreciation Day, is a holiday celebrated on Feb. 14. S.A.D. serves...
- Posted February 10, 2017
- Does Valentine’s Day matter?
By Silvana Hill– I’ve been on this planet for 22 years. In that time, I’ve spent Feb. 14 in a manner of ways. As a child, Valentine’s Day meant candy, store-bought cards collected in a personalized envelope...
- Posted February 9, 2017
- Acapella group to rule Comstock Hall
By Madison Thompson– U of L’s acappella music group performs Nov. 22 in Comstock Hall at the School of Music. Cardinal Rule will sing songs from Leona Lewis, MNEK and Zara Larsson. Bulldog Beats is also in...
- Posted November 20, 2016
- Changes possible for general education requirements
By Jerad Godsave– Faculty from the College of Arts and Sciences met Friday to deliberate about the future of Cardinal Core. The Faculty Assembly solicited a Q&A and discussion among members of the General Education Task Force regarding...
- Posted November 19, 2016
- U of L celebrates 10 years of SOUL
By Briana Williams– Hundreds of U of L students gave a day for service on Aug. 18 in the 10th annual SOUL event. SOUL, which stands for Students Outreach Uniting Louisville, gives participants an opportunity to work...
- Posted August 26, 2016
- State judge temporarily blocks Bevin’s Board of Trustees
By Phillip Lentsch– Franklin Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd temporarily blocked Governor Matt Bevin’s recently appointed board of trustees. Bevin abolished the previous 17-member U of L board by an executive order in June, stating he had the “absolute authority”...
- Posted July 29, 2016
- Pokémon Go app causes concerns
By Briana Williams — Not long after its release, the app Pokémon Go has swept the nation. Millions downloaded the location-based game which allows players to capture and train Pokémon. There’s even a multi-player battle option available. Within...
- Posted July 16, 2016
- Brief: Ramsey offered to resign
By Kyeland Jackson — President James Ramsey offered his resignation to the new board of trustees. Board chair Junior Bridgeman revealed Ramsey’s resignation offer via a news release today. “During the Board of Trustees meeting on 7/13/16, in closed...
- Posted July 14, 2016
- Brief: New board of trustees meets tomorrow
By Kyeland Jackson — Governor Matt Bevin’s newly appointed board of trustees will meet tomorrow, according to a blasted email. The 1 p.m. meeting will be the first time Bevin’s trustees have gathered. President James Ramsey previously...
- Posted July 12, 2016