- Bevin names new board of trustees
- Ramsey meets with representatives; assures all is well
- Kelsi Worrell punches ticket to 2016 Rio Olympics
- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
All posts tagged "UofL"
- Russ Smith becomes spokesman for Louisville-based app
By Briana Williams — Former U of L Men’s Basketball player Russ Smith is pitching a new social app. Speaking in a video posted by the company, “Shortnotice” is an app designed to make quick plans and spontaneous adventures...
- Posted June 27, 2016
- A timeline of U of L scandals under Ramsey
By Briana Williams and Olivia Krauth– U of L has undergone improvements since President James Ramsey arrived in 2002, but a stream of scandals has some relieved over his offer to resign. Here is a look at U of L’s largest scandals in Ramsey’s almost 14...
- Posted June 18, 2016
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
By Kyeland Jackson —
- Posted May 24, 2016
- U of L Business Alumni training Derby favorite
By Sam Draut & Kyeland Jackson — Former U of L soccer player Jack Sisterson graduated from the College of Business as an equine business major and has now reached the pinnacle of horse racing as Nyquist,...
- Posted May 6, 2016
- A&S to pilot new community service app
By Kyeland Jackson — Arts & Sciences is piloting a new application for recording community service. Called MobileServe, the app allows administration and users to record hours, publicize service, post pictures and interact with others in community service both locally...
- Posted April 21, 2016
- Attorney general sues governor over university cuts
By Kyeland Jackson — Attorney general Andy Beshear said he will sue Governor Matt Bevin today. The action comes two weeks after talks on the budget proposal in the General Assembly fell through, prompting Bevin to issue an immediate 4.5 percent cut...
- Posted April 11, 2016
- Faculty senate no-confidence vote to be public after opposition
By Kyeland Jackson — Today’s faculty senate discussion of a vote of no-confidence in President James Ramsey will be public after opposition of the proposed closed session. U of L’s chapter of American Association of University Professors sent...
- Posted April 6, 2016
- PHOTO: Personalized precision medicine on the rocks
By Dustin Massengill– The “Beer with a Scientist” crew invited Roland Vlades Jr., a professor from the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, to uncover the science and practicality of personal metabolic absorption of medicine on March...
- Posted March 25, 2016
- PHOTO: Joint Week panel discusses mass incarceration, race and drugs
By Aaron Holder– U of L SAB welcomed four speakers to participate in a panel discussion revolving around the issues of mass incarceration, racism and the war on drugs last week. The panel ended Joint Week, a...
- Posted March 3, 2016
- U of L Hospital backs out of Planned Parenthood pact
By Kyeland Jackson — Management for the University of Louisville hospital decided to cancel a pending agreement with Planned Parenthood. The agreement would have provided services to Planned Parenthood patients with abortion complications. KentuckyOne Health, the management of U...
- Posted March 2, 2016