- Reinstated board chairman plans meeting
- State judge temporarily blocks Bevin’s Board of Trustees
- Ramsey bids for continued foundation role
- Board OK’s Ramsey’s resignation
- Trustees deciding Ramsey’s fate in private
- Board of Trustees meeting rescheduled for Wednesday
- Debate on Confederate monument re-location begins
- Ramsey’s fate to be decided Tuesday
- Trustees will accept Ramsey’s resignation, students convince board to postpone tuition increase
- Brief: Trustees hastily call meeting, will discuss budget
All posts tagged "University of Louisville"
- Graphic: Bevin’s new board
By Kyeland Jackson — Governor Matt Bevin’s new board of trustees draws criticism from all angles. Attorney General Andy Beshear has sued twice, faculty condemn the board and past SGA presidents have blasted the governor. With accreditation worries...
- Posted July 9, 2016
- Kyle Hornback thrown back into Powell suit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kyle Hornback’s suit against Katina Powell was dismissed in May, but a counter-suit seeks to get money from the Miss Kentucky victor. The lawsuit filed by company attorneys of “Breaking Cardinal Rules” alleges Hornback and other plaintiffs...
- Posted June 15, 2016
- U of L saves $90 million by restructuring debt
By Kyeland Jackson — U of L saved $90 million recently by restructuring its debt. The university’s current debt is around $251 million. Revenue from Jim Patterson Stadium, the Home of the Innocents and the Health Sciences...
- Posted June 1, 2016
- U of L Foundation receives negative debt rating
By Kyeland Jackson — Moody’s, a debt rating service, has changed the U of L Foundation’s rating from “stable” to “negative,” according to a statement released by the group May 23 and a report by the Courier-Journal. The rating...
- Posted May 27, 2016
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
By Kyeland Jackson —
- Posted May 24, 2016
- U of L Business Alumni training Derby favorite
By Sam Draut & Kyeland Jackson — Former U of L soccer player Jack Sisterson graduated from the College of Business as an equine business major and has now reached the pinnacle of horse racing as Nyquist,...
- Posted May 6, 2016
- A “yuge” narrative: My first political rally
By Kyeland Jackson — Suddenly, just as we were about to settle for a risky spot moments after witnessing a poor soul have their car towed, it appeared. Like a light out of the darkness, the clouds...
- Posted May 5, 2016
- Faculty senate shows confidence in Ramsey
By Kyeland Jackson — A majority of faculty senate members voted in-confidence for U of L President James Ramsey, according to a poll reported during their meeting today. Out of 60 members, 33 voted in-confidence, 24 voted...
- Posted May 4, 2016
- Protestors form around Confederate monument
By Sam Draut– Hours after U of L and city officials announced the removal of the Confederate monument on Third Street, a handful of protesters formed around the statue in the night. One protester held a poster reading “Racist...
- Posted April 29, 2016
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
By Kyeland Jackson — Fixing an error in legislation, Governor Matt Bevin signed a bill allowing U of L constituencies to vote on the position of board of trustees chair. The Faculty Senate, Staff Senate and Student Government...
- Posted April 28, 2016