- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
- Faculty and staff pursue injunction against Bevin
- Ramsey offers to resign, board gets shake up
- U of L LGBT community shows support for Orlando
All posts tagged "University of Louisville"
- Kyle Hornback thrown back into Powell suit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kyle Hornback’s suit against Katina Powell was dismissed in May, but a counter-suit seeks to get money from the Miss Kentucky victor. The lawsuit filed by company attorneys of “Breaking Cardinal Rules” alleges Hornback and other plaintiffs...
- Posted June 15, 2016
- U of L saves $90 million by restructuring debt
By Kyeland Jackson — U of L saved $90 million recently by restructuring its debt. The university’s current debt is around $251 million. Revenue from Jim Patterson Stadium, the Home of the Innocents and the Health Sciences...
- Posted June 1, 2016
- U of L Foundation receives negative debt rating
By Kyeland Jackson — Moody’s, a debt rating service, has changed the U of L Foundation’s rating from “stable” to “negative,” according to a statement released by the group May 23 and a report by the Courier-Journal. The rating...
- Posted May 27, 2016
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
By Kyeland Jackson —
- Posted May 24, 2016
- U of L Business Alumni training Derby favorite
By Sam Draut & Kyeland Jackson — Former U of L soccer player Jack Sisterson graduated from the College of Business as an equine business major and has now reached the pinnacle of horse racing as Nyquist,...
- Posted May 6, 2016
- A “yuge” narrative: My first political rally
By Kyeland Jackson — Suddenly, just as we were about to settle for a risky spot moments after witnessing a poor soul have their car towed, it appeared. Like a light out of the darkness, the clouds...
- Posted May 5, 2016
- Faculty senate shows confidence in Ramsey
By Kyeland Jackson — A majority of faculty senate members voted in-confidence for U of L President James Ramsey, according to a poll reported during their meeting today. Out of 60 members, 33 voted in-confidence, 24 voted...
- Posted May 4, 2016
- Protestors form around Confederate monument
By Sam Draut– Hours after U of L and city officials announced the removal of the Confederate monument on Third Street, a handful of protesters formed around the statue in the night. One protester held a poster reading “Racist...
- Posted April 29, 2016
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
By Kyeland Jackson — Fixing an error in legislation, Governor Matt Bevin signed a bill allowing U of L constituencies to vote on the position of board of trustees chair. The Faculty Senate, Staff Senate and Student Government...
- Posted April 28, 2016
- A&S to pilot new community service app
By Kyeland Jackson — Arts & Sciences is piloting a new application for recording community service. Called MobileServe, the app allows administration and users to record hours, publicize service, post pictures and interact with others in community service both locally...
- Posted April 21, 2016