- Foundation cuts $13.7 million from U of L
- Trump rally reveals disconnect between message and action
- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Club hockey and rugby take steps to build their programs
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
All posts tagged "University of Kentucky"
- Amid budget cuts, faculty urge transparency
By Kyeland Jackson — Faculty senate members urged transparency in their first meeting since Interim President Greg Postel revealed a $48 million budget shortfall. “I think we need to hold firm with the interim president that, throughout...
- Posted March 1, 2017
- U of L’s twilight zone – crime endangers off-campus students
By Kyeland Jackson– “My first instinct was, ‘I just need to get out of here.'” One night in Old Louisville, blocks from campus, Jessica almost became a victim. A U of L alumni, Jessica had never been the...
- Posted October 22, 2016
- Editorial: Ramsey should be held accountable for stream of scandals
By Nick Amon– From an ongoing NCAA prostitution investigation, to an FBI-led federal grant misusage investigation, to the insensitive costume choice for Halloween, it’s safe to say President James Ramsey had a hell of a 2015. Last...
- Posted January 8, 2016
- Swim and Dive senior day hosts UK
By Dalton Ray Saturday, Jan. 25 was Senior Day for the University of Louisville’s swim and dive team. The Cardinals hosted in-state rival University of Kentucky in Ralph Wright Auditorium. Despite the increased emotions of the rivalry...
- Posted January 27, 2014
- The view from the Capitol: U of L construction, alcohol consumption and student protests
By Rae Hodge– Universities took action this week in the state Capitol. President Eli Capilouto of the University of Kentucky acted as spokesman on behalf of six of the state’s public universities, while students chanted in halls...
- Posted February 27, 2013
- Basketball preview: University of Kentucky
By Haley O’Shaughnessy– When Dana O’Neil, an ESPN college basketball analyst, said, “John Calipari is a great salesman, but it’s an easy sale,” she was referring to UK fans and the rest of the basketball-watching world being...
- Posted November 14, 2012
- U of L, UK collaborate to research fuel alternative
By Caitlyn Crenshaw– With the rise of carbon emissions into the atmosphere, especially in the last ten years, the race to find, produce and sustain cheap, clean energy is on. The University of Kentucky and the University...
- Posted September 17, 2011
- The consequences of free speech
By Anna Meany– The University of Kentucky Athletics Program requires all members of the press to contact players through Media Relations. And apparently, attempting to interview them otherwise will result in complete loss of interviewing privileges. Aaron...
- Posted September 6, 2011