- Ramsey improved U of L despite recent controversies
- Brief: Business school dean leaves U of L for Colorado-Denver
- IT store closes amidst changes at U of L
- And then there were 10: meet the new board of trustees
- Ramsey shows public support for new board
- Bevin names new board of trustees
- Ramsey meets with representatives; assures all is well
- Kelsi Worrell punches ticket to 2016 Rio Olympics
- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
All posts tagged "U of L"
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
By Kyeland Jackson — Attorney General Andy Beshear will file suit against Governor Matt Bevin to block the governor’s executive order that threw U of L leadership and its board of trustees into turmoil. Beshear announced the suit...
- Posted June 22, 2016
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
By Kyeland Jackson — It’s official: President James Ramsey will not serve as U of L’s president any longer than the end of the next academic year. Blasting a statement to the university, Ramsey said he is not...
- Posted June 21, 2016
- Ramsey’s “resignation” distracts from bigger picture
By Nick Amon– This past Friday Gov. Matt Bevin made the swift announcement that James Ramsey will be stepping down from his position as president here at U of L. As the weekend passed, the news of...
- Posted June 21, 2016
- Kyle Hornback thrown back into Powell suit
By Kyeland Jackson — Kyle Hornback’s suit against Katina Powell was dismissed in May, but a counter-suit seeks to get money from the Miss Kentucky victor. The lawsuit filed by company attorneys of “Breaking Cardinal Rules” alleges Hornback and other plaintiffs...
- Posted June 15, 2016
- Pride and president
By Kyeland Jackson — It happens less often than it should, but the university made me proud today. Faced with the recommendation to funnel 12 million from students via a tuition rates increase, U of L’s board...
- Posted June 3, 2016
- Board of trustees committee refuses to raise tuition
By Kyeland Jackson — Don’t hold your breath, but you may not have a higher tuition bill next year. U of L’s Board of Trustees finance committee, in a contentious meeting today, refused to grant a five...
- Posted June 2, 2016
- U of L saves $90 million by restructuring debt
By Kyeland Jackson — U of L saved $90 million recently by restructuring its debt. The university’s current debt is around $251 million. Revenue from Jim Patterson Stadium, the Home of the Innocents and the Health Sciences...
- Posted June 1, 2016
- U of L Foundation receives negative debt rating
By Kyeland Jackson — Moody’s, a debt rating service, has changed the U of L Foundation’s rating from “stable” to “negative,” according to a statement released by the group May 23 and a report by the Courier-Journal. The rating...
- Posted May 27, 2016
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
By Kyeland Jackson —
- Posted May 24, 2016
- U of L Business Alumni training Derby favorite
By Sam Draut & Kyeland Jackson — Former U of L soccer player Jack Sisterson graduated from the College of Business as an equine business major and has now reached the pinnacle of horse racing as Nyquist,...
- Posted May 6, 2016