- Judge says Confederate statue can move
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
- U of L adds urban sustainability degree
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
- Where are the Cards now: Chaz Embry and David Green
- Grigory Tarasevich looks to place in Rio
- Staff being paid less than national average
- Brief: U of L bookstore closing in transition to Follett
- U of L alumni bring experience to Derby
- Live Blog: Sights and sounds from #TLCDerby
All posts tagged "student"
- Allen talks today’s U of L in SOTSB
By Olivia Krauth– Outgoing SGA President Victoria Allen discussed U of L’s climate in the annual State of the Student Body address tonight. “Today, let us choose to focus less on the peripheral stories and headlines in order...
- Posted April 5, 2016
- DIY Spring Break cocktails that won’t break the bank
By Simon Isham– For many students college can be a cocktail of low finances, high stress and bad judgment. These three factors result in some of the most ill-advised liquor and mixer combinations. If you’ve ever mixed vodka...
- Posted January 20, 2016
- Brace yourselves: Thanksgiving is coming
By Briana Williams– Thanksgiving time is finally here, and that means only a few days separate us from freedom and feasts. A lot of us are going home for the long weekend to relax and spend some...
- Posted November 22, 2015
- Miller hall shooting threats were handled poorly
By Taylor Jones– At 4:07 a.m., an anonymous post went up on 4chan, a social media site, stating that the poster was going to “shoot up” Miller Hall at the University of Louisville in a mere 6...
- Posted October 24, 2014
- Student assaulted near campus
A female student walking near the corner of Fifth and Lee streets was assaulted and transported to Sts. Mary and Elizabeth hospital on Wednesday at 3 p.m., according to a Belknap campus safety bulletin. The student was...
- Posted September 17, 2014
- #GroveWatch: Move-in is tomorrow. Will it be done in time?
It was an ambitious timeline from the beginning. The Grove, a $40 million, 250-unit affiliated housing development is largely completed, but large portions remain unfinished. Much of the furniture intended for student rooms remains unplaced and wrapped...
- Posted August 22, 2014
- Cheerleader found dead at Cardinal Towne
Twenty-two-year-old U of L cheerleader Danielle Cogswell — known to family and friends as Dani — was found dead Monday in her Cardinal Towne apartment. An investigation into the death has been launched by the Louisville Metro...
- Posted July 28, 2014
- Alison Grimes holds rally about college afforability at U of L
By Simon Isham– Alison Lundergan Grimes, Kentucky democratic candidate for US Senate, held a rally today at U of L’s Red Barn to promote an agenda of college affordability. The line waiting to get into the Red...
- Posted June 29, 2014
- Funding the dream: A look at U of L’s student loan stats
By Simon Isham— Almost half of undergraduates and a third of graduate students at U of L have taken out student loans to fund their educations, a report from the Office of Institutional Research and Planning finds....
- Posted March 16, 2014
- SGA and athletics discuss SAC renovation plans
By Simon Isham — As the new Student Recreation Center nears a grand opening, the Student Government Association and the athletics department are currently in discussion over which organization should be granted the rights to some newly...
- Posted October 22, 2013