- U of L’s twilight zone – crime endangers off-campus students
- What Grinds My Gears: October Edition
- Tate Schmitt coming into his own during his sophomore year
- Halloween costumes that won’t empty your wallet
- Netflix picks to watch over Halloween weekend
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan awarded the Brandeis Medal
- James Hearns and Jaire Alexander are playing key roles in Louisville’s defense
- Has the presidential election given you poll-paranoia?
- College Football Playoffs watch: Week eight updates
- Halloween activities lurk through Louisville
- Arch residents complain about the Fourth Street underpass
All posts tagged "student spotlight"
- Jazz studies at UofL: Why it may be the happiest major on campus
By Simon Isham– Jazz Studies at U of L may well be the happiest major on campus. When walking by the School of Music, it is not uncommon to hear the bluesy sound of a saxophone drifting...
- Posted November 21, 2012
- Interview: Musicians Kendall Carter and Isaac Poole
By Simon Isham– The Cardinal talked to two Jazz School students, Kendall Carter (KC) and Isaac Poole (IP), about their experiences. Carter is a sophomore who plays piano; Poole is a junior who plays piano and guitar....
- Posted November 20, 2012
- MLS player Austin Berry talks with the Cardinal
Former Cardinals Austin Berry and Nick DeLeon to face off in MLS game By Sammie Hill– Last year, the MLS drafted four seniors from the University of Louisville men’s soccer team. Louisville stood as the only college...
- Posted October 24, 2012
- Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity wins Student Organization of the Year
By Lee Cole– U of L has been giving out student awards for 13 years, in a number of categories, including the Cardinal Award of Excellence – Scholar/Leader Award and the Harold Adams Award. Every year, one...
- Posted April 25, 2012
- Red blood, bluegrass: band of UofL students lives Kentucky’s musical legacy
By Nathan Gardner– On an unseasonably warm March night, students on Greek row gathered on porches and filtered in and out of the Fraternity and Sorority houses, but on this particular Thursday, the song of bluegrass pickin’...
- Posted March 20, 2012
- Seniors DeLeon, Berry, Rolfe and Walker selected in MLS Draft
By Sammie Hill– Renowned for its thriving talent and breeding of successful players, the University of Louisville men’s soccer program recently achieved a feat unmatched by any other school in the nation. On Jan. 12, the MLS...
- Posted January 17, 2012