- “At the Vanishing Point” brings Louisvillians even closer together, if that’s possible
- If I had a nickel…
- SGA Update: Senate talks through proposed meal plan increases
- The Evolution of Trez
- Burning up: Miller students get a rude awakening with fire scare
- East End Crawls as Construction Comes Up
- Tennis’ lone senior to lead underclassmen into ACC
- Get on board: Louisville tennis ready to raise the bar, take on ACC
- From Miss Volleyball to Miss Kentucky: Q & A with Katie George
- Freshman phenom Mariya Moore blazes the court
All posts tagged "student spotlight"
Jazz studies at UofL: Why it may be the happiest major on campus
By Simon Isham– Jazz Studies at U of L may well be the happiest major on campus. When walking by the School of Music, it is not uncommon to hear the bluesy sound of a saxophone drifting...
- Posted November 21, 2012
Interview: Musicians Kendall Carter and Isaac Poole
By Simon Isham– The Cardinal talked to two Jazz School students, Kendall Carter (KC) and Isaac Poole (IP), about their experiences. Carter is a sophomore who plays piano; Poole is a junior who plays piano and guitar....
- Posted November 20, 2012
MLS player Austin Berry talks with the Cardinal
Former Cardinals Austin Berry and Nick DeLeon to face off in MLS game By Sammie Hill– Last year, the MLS drafted four seniors from the University of Louisville men’s soccer team. Louisville stood as the only college...
- Posted October 24, 2012
Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity wins Student Organization of the Year
By Lee Cole– U of L has been giving out student awards for 13 years, in a number of categories, including the Cardinal Award of Excellence – Scholar/Leader Award and the Harold Adams Award. Every year, one...
- Posted April 25, 2012
Red blood, bluegrass: band of UofL students lives Kentucky’s musical legacy
By Nathan Gardner– On an unseasonably warm March night, students on Greek row gathered on porches and filtered in and out of the Fraternity and Sorority houses, but on this particular Thursday, the song of bluegrass pickin’...
- Posted March 20, 2012
Seniors DeLeon, Berry, Rolfe and Walker selected in MLS Draft
By Sammie Hill– Renowned for its thriving talent and breeding of successful players, the University of Louisville men’s soccer program recently achieved a feat unmatched by any other school in the nation. On Jan. 12, the MLS...
- Posted January 17, 2012