- U of L reveals major parking changes
- IRS turns eye on Ramsey and administration
- SACS confirms accreditation worries
- Don’t buy the hype on Louisville football this year
- Board increases tuition, other fees
- U of L Foundation can remove Ramsey
- Meet U of L’s interim vice president and provost
- How James Ramsey fell from grace
- Driver charged with murder of former cheerleader
- Billingsley named interim vice president & provost
All posts tagged "soccer"
- Louisville soccer starts preseason
By Jordan Shim– Louisville’s men soccer started off their spring season against Louisville City FC. For the second consecutive year, U of L lost 1-0 despite a valiant effort from the Cardinals. Second half substitute Kadeem Dacres’...
- Posted March 11, 2016
- U of L women’s soccer upsets top ranked North Carolina
By Sam Draut– Facing one of the most lethal attacks in women’s collegiate soccer, Louisville pulled off a historic upset over top-ranked North Carolina on Thursday night at Lynn Stadium. Caroline Kimble scored the game winning goal...
- Posted October 8, 2015
- After a year away, Casey Whitfield gets to play her senior year
By Sam Draut– Everything was in place for goal-scoring forward Casey Whitfield to finish off her career with a fine senior season in 2014, but a torn Achilles heel forced her to redshirt and put her final...
- Posted September 29, 2015
- Men’s soccer ends match with NC State with 1-1 draw
With a 1-1 overtime tie against ACC foe North Carolina State, Ken Lolla’s top 25-ranked men’s soccer improves to an overall record of 4-2-3. Louisville is 0-0-3 in ACC play having overtime ties against Syracuse, Virginia Tech...
- Posted September 27, 2015
- Women’s Soccer defeats Miami 1-0
By Sam Draut– Louisville women’s soccer won their ACC home opener 1-0 over Miami on Thursday night to improve to 4-4-1 on the season. Sophomore forward Alison Price scored in the 25th minute off a cross kick...
- Posted September 24, 2015
- Louisville defeats rival Kentucky 2-0
By Annie Moore and Derek Brightwell– When the University of Louisville squares off against in-state rival University of Kentucky, there’s always more than a win on the line. The 2015 Battle of the Bluegrass in front of...
- Posted September 9, 2015
- UMBC brings Louisville soccer season to an end, Cards fall 1-0
By Derek Brightwell– The University of Maryland Baltimore County Retrievers ended the Louisville Cardinals’ season Sunday night with a 1-0 victory at Mark and Cindy Lynn Stadium. UMBC advances to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Men’s...
- Posted December 1, 2014
- Men’s soccer fights back, advances to Sweet Sixteen with 2-1 win
By Derek Brightwell– Freshman Tim Kubel’s goal in the 87th minute lifted Louisville over Saint Louis in Sunday night’s NCAA Tournament second round match up at Lynn Stadium. It was the second time the Cards and the...
- Posted November 24, 2014
- Men’s soccer loses in ACC Championship
By Derek Brightwell– In their first season in the conference, the Louisville men’s soccer team lost to Clemson in the ACC Championship match 2-1 in the second overtime period. The Cards had the advantage for most of...
- Posted November 17, 2014
- Senior year: always unique, always meaningful
By Noah Allison– For a student athlete, heading into senior year means everything. But rare is the opportunity to have Peyton Siva’s storybook ending of hoisting a national championship trophy at the end of the year. More...
- Posted November 3, 2014