- The XX sound more cohesive than ever on ‘I See You’
- Gallery: New Starbucks opens in Ekstrom Library
- Greg Postel named U of L interim president
- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- New board of trustees full of familiar faces
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
All posts tagged "SGA"
- SGA Senate holds first meeting of spring semester
By Shelby Brown– The SGA Senate discussed upcoming events, the state of accreditation and the board of trustees in their Jan. 17 meeting. Here are the top things you need to know. -SGA President Aaron Vance hopes...
- Posted January 22, 2017
- Op-ed: Rebuking the governor’s logic
By Aaron Vance — Time and time again, Governor Bevin has contended that his actions regarding the wholesale dismissal of the University of Louisville Board of Trustees were necessary to bring the Board into compliance with Kentucky...
- Posted December 12, 2016
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
By Olivia Krauth– SGA approved the 2017-2018 operating budget, new election rules and a resolution to ask for a student spot on the U of L Foundation board in their last senate meeting of the semester tonight....
- Posted November 29, 2016
- SGA resolution asks for student position on foundation board
By Kyeland Jackson — SGA resolved Nov. 15 to seat a student on the U of L Foundation board, inching students closer to representation in the university’s endowment manager. The resolution requests a seat for the SGA president on...
- Posted November 15, 2016
- Four takeaways from Nov. 1 SGA Senate meeting
By Olivia Krauth– U of L’s SGA Senate met tonight. Here are the top four things you need to know from their meeting. SGA budget on the horizon Senator Landon Lauder announced the 2017-2018 SGA budget has...
- Posted November 1, 2016
- SGA hosts “Fancy Ville” candidate forum
By Phillip Lentsch– The University of Louisville Student Government Association kicked of Halloween weekend with an informal political forum in the Red Barn titled “Fancy Ville.” The concept was modeled after the famous Kentucky Fancy Farm Picnic...
- Posted October 28, 2016
- SGA President Aaron Vance credits upbringing for his leadership success
By Jared Thomas– Aaron Vance’s smile was easy and wide and he spoke with an unmistakable twang that only the boroughs of Western Kentucky could produce. The two of us walked through campus, making our way to an...
- Posted October 15, 2016
- U of L’s campus escort services receive criticism
By Eric Matthews– The University of Louisville’s campus escort service provides free rides within four blocks of campus and has been touted as a valuable tool to keep students safe. But recently, many students have had to...
- Posted October 8, 2016
- U of L faculty senate passes motion asking for board compliance
By Phillip Lentsch– The University of Louisville faculty senate passed a motion saying they want Governor Matt Bevin to appoint the necessary racial minorities to the current board of trustees on Oct. 5. Senate chair Enid Trucios-Haynes presented the...
- Posted October 5, 2016
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016