- Tate Schmitt coming into his own during his sophomore year
- Halloween costumes that won’t empty your wallet
- Netflix picks to watch over Halloween weekend
- Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan awarded the Brandeis Medal
- James Hearns and Jaire Alexander are playing key roles in Louisville’s defense
- Has the presidential election given you poll-paranoia?
- College Football Playoffs watch: Week eight updates
- Halloween activities lurk through Louisville
- Arch residents complain about the Fourth Street underpass
- Waka Flocka Flame ignites homecoming concert
All posts tagged "SGA"
- SGA President Aaron Vance credits upbringing for his leadership success
By Jared Thomas– Aaron Vance’s smile was easy and wide and he spoke with an unmistakable twang that only the boroughs of Western Kentucky could produce. The two of us walked through campus, making our way to an...
- Posted October 15, 2016
- U of L’s campus escort services receive criticism
By Eric Matthews– The University of Louisville’s campus escort service provides free rides within four blocks of campus and has been touted as a valuable tool to keep students safe. But recently, many students have had to...
- Posted October 8, 2016
- U of L faculty senate passes motion asking for board compliance
By Phillip Lentsch– The University of Louisville faculty senate passed a motion saying they want Governor Matt Bevin to appoint the necessary racial minorities to the current board of trustees on Oct. 5. Senate chair Enid Trucios-Haynes presented the...
- Posted October 5, 2016
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016
- SGA to ask for necessary racial minorities on board of trustees
By Olivia Krauth– SGA adopted the official position that Governor Matt Bevin should appoint the necessary racial minority members to U of L’s Board of Trustees in their senate meeting tonight. The resolution said the current board...
- Posted September 20, 2016
- SGA President to U of L Foundation: “Enough is enough”
By Aaron Vance — On behalf of the student body, enough is enough. Students are worried. Donors are talking about pulling out. The trajectory of the university has been called into question. And most concerning, it seems...
- Posted September 16, 2016
- SGA kicks off with first senate meeting
By Brooke Moody– After an eventful summer for the university, U of L’s Student Government Association met for the first student Senate Meeting of the academic year. SGA President Aaron Vance began the meeting by addressing the...
- Posted September 7, 2016
- Ekstrom Library extends hours to 2 a.m.
By Hannah Esrock– After years of complaints and cramped studying after midnight, U of L’s Student Government Association has worked to extend Ekstrom Library hours for the East Wing from midnight to 2 a.m. “Working with Deans...
- Posted August 29, 2016
- SGA works to cement foundation role
By Kyeland Jackson — Student Government President Aaron Vance is working to seat a student on the University of Louisville Foundation board. Vance announced his plan during an SGA staff retreat August 27, citing support to create the position. “I’ve...
- Posted August 29, 2016
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
By Kyeland Jackson — Fixing an error in legislation, Governor Matt Bevin signed a bill allowing U of L constituencies to vote on the position of board of trustees chair. The Faculty Senate, Staff Senate and Student Government...
- Posted April 28, 2016