- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
All posts tagged "SGA"
- SGA meets with administration over safety concerns
By Olivia Krauth– In light of a week of crime near campus, SGA Services Vice President Lauren Greenwell met with U of L administrators to discuss safety initiatives on Sept. 21. Greenwell said her meeting with CFO Harlan Sands,...
- Posted September 23, 2016
- SGA to ask for necessary racial minorities on board of trustees
By Olivia Krauth– SGA adopted the official position that Governor Matt Bevin should appoint the necessary racial minority members to U of L’s Board of Trustees in their senate meeting tonight. The resolution said the current board...
- Posted September 20, 2016
- SGA President to U of L Foundation: “Enough is enough”
By Aaron Vance — On behalf of the student body, enough is enough. Students are worried. Donors are talking about pulling out. The trajectory of the university has been called into question. And most concerning, it seems...
- Posted September 16, 2016
- SGA kicks off with first senate meeting
By Brooke Moody– After an eventful summer for the university, U of L’s Student Government Association met for the first student Senate Meeting of the academic year. SGA President Aaron Vance began the meeting by addressing the...
- Posted September 7, 2016
- Ekstrom Library extends hours to 2 a.m.
By Hannah Esrock– After years of complaints and cramped studying after midnight, U of L’s Student Government Association has worked to extend Ekstrom Library hours for the East Wing from midnight to 2 a.m. “Working with Deans...
- Posted August 29, 2016
- SGA works to cement foundation role
By Kyeland Jackson — Student Government President Aaron Vance is working to seat a student on the University of Louisville Foundation board. Vance announced his plan during an SGA staff retreat August 27, citing support to create the position. “I’ve...
- Posted August 29, 2016
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
By Kyeland Jackson — Fixing an error in legislation, Governor Matt Bevin signed a bill allowing U of L constituencies to vote on the position of board of trustees chair. The Faculty Senate, Staff Senate and Student Government...
- Posted April 28, 2016
- SGA recommends hiring outside firm to survey students on President Ramsey
By Hannah Esrock– At the final SGA meeting of the school year, the SGA passed a resolution, suggesting a critical evaluation period to monitor President James Ramsey from April 13 to Jan. 1, 2017. The resolution said SGA recommends...
- Posted April 13, 2016
- Editorial: SGA Senate fails constituency in lead-up to vote of no-confidence
By Louisville Cardinal Staff– As students at U of L, we are all members of the Student Government Association. Our governing body was tasked with the responsibility this week to vote on a resolution of no-confidence in...
- Posted April 11, 2016
- SGA to revisit vote of no-confidence in Ramsey
By Phillip Lentsch– Multiple disagreements were aired during the U of L SGA Senate meeting on April 5, particularly when discussing the motion for a student vote of no-confidence in U of L President James Ramsey. While...
- Posted April 5, 2016