- Men’s tennis takes down Notre Dame for ACC tournament win
- Crawford named next law school dean
- John Schnatter resigns from athletics board
- Louisville eats: The best restaurants in the city
- Women’s tennis advances in ACC Championships
- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
All posts tagged "senate"
- New bill could grant Bevin power to replace public university boards
By Kyeland Jackson — Overshadowed by Senate Bill 12, a new bill introduced Jan. 7 will grant Governor Matt Bevin power to replace governing boards at other universities. Sponsored by Kentucky Senate President Robert Stivers (R-Manchester), Senate...
- Posted January 9, 2017
- Brief: Mitch McConnell to visit near U of L
By Kyeland Jackson — Senate majority leader and U of L graduate Mitch McConnell will visit the Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium June 17 to discuss his recent publication. The discussion and signing for his book, titled “The...
- Posted June 6, 2016
- SGA gets rolling: 5 takeaways from the first Senate meeting
Students are one week into school, and the business of the Student Government Association is already well underway. The SGA held their annual retreat and the first Student Senate meeting of the year at U of L’s...
- Posted August 29, 2015
- Brief: U of L professor loses Senate race
By Simon Isham— U of L communication professor Greg Leichty, who announced last summer that he would be running for US Senate, has lost the Democratic primary nomination to opponent Alison Lundergan-Grimes. Leichty received 8 percent of...
- Posted May 21, 2014
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte talks Obama, Russia
By Lubna Hindi– New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte talked national leadership and current issues on March 17 when she visited U of L as a guest of the McConnell Center. Ayotte discussed how to improve flaws in...
- Posted March 17, 2014
- SGA and athletics discuss SAC renovation plans
By Simon Isham — As the new Student Recreation Center nears a grand opening, the Student Government Association and the athletics department are currently in discussion over which organization should be granted the rights to some newly...
- Posted October 22, 2013
- U of L professor announces bid for U.S. Senate
By Simon Isham— Greg Leichty, a U of L professor in the Communications department, announced on Sunday that he would be making a bid for U.S. Senate. Leichty made the announcement that he would be a candidate...
- Posted June 19, 2013
- In the news: What you missed while you were in class
By Simon Isham and Maggie Cunningham– Supreme Court hears same-sex marriage case Edie Windsor married Thea Spyer in Canada after a 40-year romantic partnership. After Spyer’s death in 2009, Windsor was faced with $363,000 in federal estate...
- Posted April 2, 2013
- Sustainability measures proposed in SGA Senate
By Maggie Cunningham– The University of Louisville’s SGA Senators may have some new changes coming to campus in the future. The Senate came together on March 19 for its biweekly meeting. The topics discussed were varied from...
- Posted March 26, 2013
- Industrial hemp bill passes state Senate, garners public support
By Rae Hodge– After sailing through the Kentucky Senate Agriculture Committee, and passing out of the State Senate in a 31-6 vote, a bill supporting industrial hemp now faces an uncertain fate in the state House of...
- Posted February 19, 2013