- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
- Softball is willing to embrace the challenge in 2017
- Recapping a buzzing weekend in U of L athletics
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
- Panda Express comes to campus
All posts tagged "Rick Pitino"
- Eighth-ranked men’s basketball outlasts Virginia Tech
By Dalton Ray– Earning their 1,800th win in program history, eighth-ranked men’s basketball (22-5, 10-4) survived a hot shooting night from the visiting Virginia Tech Hokies (18-8, 6-3), winning 94-90. Tech shot 59 percent from the field...
- Posted February 18, 2017
- Fourth-ranked men’s basketball uses late rally to down Miami
By Dalton Ray– With the return of junior point guard Quentin Snider, the fourth-ranked men’s basketball team (20-5, 8-4) defeated Miami (16-8, 6-6) 71-66. Snider scored 13 and dished out four assists in his first game back...
- Posted February 11, 2017
- Sixth-ranked men’s basketball win big at Boston College 90-67
By Conner Farrell– Sophomore Deng Adel led men’s basketball past Boston College for Louisville’s third straight conference win. With a career-high 19 points, Adel guided the Cards past the Eagles 90-67. Following the first media timeout, the Cards...
- Posted February 4, 2017
- Rick Pitino and university fight NCAA allegations of ‘failing to monitor staff’
By Dalton Ray– The University of Louisville and Rick Pitino formally filed a dispute to one of the NCAA’s four allegations handed down in October. According to documents obtained by The Cardinal, U of L and Pitino’s...
- Posted January 25, 2017
- Men’s basketball takes Pittsburgh to the cleaners, win 106-51
By Jeff Milby– A career-high 29 points from sophomore guard Donovan Mitchell and stifling defense led No. 13 men’s basketball to a resounding 106-51 victory over the Pittsburgh Panthers. Junior big man Anas Mahmoud finished with 14 points, three...
- Posted January 24, 2017
- No. 12 men’s basketball loses nail-biter to No. 10 Florida State
By Conner Farrell– Coming on the heels of the team’s rout of Clemson, the men’s basketball team came out sluggish against the Florida State Seminoles, ultimately losing 73-68. Within the first three minutes of the game, the...
- Posted January 21, 2017
- Reaction: Men’s basketball adapts to Snider-less court
By Dalton Ray– For the first time in nearly two years, Quentin Snider didn’t start for coach Rick Pitino’s team. Expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a hip injury, U of L played their first game during...
- Posted January 20, 2017
- Analysis: Pitt’s near comeback win and the difference Anas Mahmoud makes
By Jordan Shim– After squandering a big lead against Pittsburgh, the men’s basketball team is relieved to get the victory. Louisville was efficient on offense, shooting 50 percent from the field, hitting 5-of-7 from three and going 10-for-11...
- Posted January 13, 2017
- Midseason recap: Men’s basketball
By Dalton Ray– Current record: 13-3 (8-1 at home, 2-1 away, 3-1 neutral) Team stats: 75.1 points per game, 60.8 points allowed per game, 43.3 percent field goal percentage, 33.7 percent 3-point percentage, 41.6 rebounds per game,...
- Posted January 9, 2017
- No. 12 Virginia outworks No. 6 Louisville men’s basketball 61-53
By Dalton Ray– One week after beating rival Kentucky, men’s basketball fell to Virginia 61-53. Louisville is 11-2 and 0-1 in the ACC. The Cards failed to get a player in double-digit scoring. Quentin Snider, Tony Hicks...
- Posted December 28, 2016