- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
All posts tagged "Rick Pitino"
- Reaction: Men’s basketball plays without Quentin Snider
By Dalton Ray– For the first time in nearly two years, Quentin Snider didn’t start for coach Rick Pitino’s team. Expected to miss 2-3 weeks with a hip injury, U of L played their first game during...
- Posted January 20, 2017
- Analysis: Pitt’s near comeback win and the difference Anas Mahmoud makes
By Jordan Shim– After squandering a big lead against Pittsburgh, the men’s basketball team is relieved to get the victory. Louisville was efficient on offense, shooting 50 percent from the field, hitting 5-of-7 from three and going 10-for-11...
- Posted January 13, 2017
- Midseason recap: Men’s basketball
By Dalton Ray– Current record: 13-3 (8-1 at home, 2-1 away, 3-1 neutral) Team stats: 75.1 points per game, 60.8 points allowed per game, 43.3 percent field goal percentage, 33.7 percent 3-point percentage, 41.6 rebounds per game,...
- Posted January 9, 2017
- No. 12 Virginia outworks No. 6 Louisville men’s basketball 61-53
By Dalton Ray– One week after beating rival Kentucky, men’s basketball fell to Virginia 61-53. Louisville is 11-2 and 0-1 in the ACC. The Cards failed to get a player in double-digit scoring. Quentin Snider, Tony Hicks...
- Posted December 28, 2016
- Louisville men’s basketball outlasts rival Kentucky, 73-70
By Dalton Ray– No. 10 Louisville pulled out a tight victory over No. 6 Kentucky 73-70. Louisville’s Quentin Snider led the way for U of L with 22 points, six rebounds and five assists. Kentucky’s De’Aaron Fox had...
- Posted December 21, 2016
- Men’s basketball shakes off cold start, blasts EKU by 31
By Dalton Ray– No. 11 men’s basketball gained their 10th win of the season in the 87-56 win over Eastern Kentucky. The Colonels didn’t allow the victory to come easy, as they led most of the first...
- Posted December 17, 2016
- ACC launch investigation on leaked Wake Forest plays
By Kyeland Jackson — The Atlantic Coast Conference will investigate leaked football play information obtained by the University of Louisville from Wake Forest. “Protecting competitive integrity is fundamental to the Atlantic Coast Conference. The conference office is...
- Posted December 15, 2016
- Rick Pitino earns 400th career win at Louisville
By Dalton Ray– With the 102-71 win over Texas Southern, coach Rick Pitino notched his 400th win as Louisville’s head men’s basketball coach. The win is U of L’s fourth straight win, putting the team at 9-1....
- Posted December 10, 2016
- Cards rout Aces 78-47 in season opener
By Conner Farrell– The No. 13 men’s basketball team started the 2016-2017 season with a rout of the Evansville Purple Aces 78-47. Forward Jaylen Johnson led all scorers with 19 points and 14 rebounds. The Aces kept...
- Posted November 12, 2016
- Quentin Snider primed for successful 2016
By Jordan Shim– Every top basketball team takes care of the ball, demanding it most from the point guard. Since Quentin Snider took over the position, he has shown tremendous composure and hardly makes mistakes. In his freshman...
- Posted November 10, 2016