- “Get Out” thrills, rejuvenates horror genre
- Importance of Mariya Moore and Briahanna Jackson shown in win over Virginia
- SGA candidates debate, push platforms’ message
- Faculty to consider resisting university budget cuts
- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
All posts tagged "republican"
- U of L alumna Barbara Perry: What makes a good president?
By Shelby Brown– U of L alumna Barbara Perry examined presidential leadership skills in the McConnell Center’s President’s Day lecture Feb. 20. Calling George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt great presidents, Perry explained why some presidents were...
- Posted February 20, 2017
- The electoral college system has lost its touch
By Ryan Hiles — I want to preface this by saying I accept the election results. As much as it shakes me to my core, Donald Trump is my president and he won that title through a legitimate election....
- Posted November 18, 2016
- Mayor Jim Gray brings experience to race
By Kyeland Jackson — With the presidential election fast approaching, competition closes for the U.S. senate. Encouraging students to register and vote on Nov. 8, U.S. Senate candidate Jim Gray spoke to The Cardinal about what he brings...
- Posted October 16, 2016
- A “yuge” narrative: My first political rally
By Kyeland Jackson — Suddenly, just as we were about to settle for a risky spot moments after witnessing a poor soul have their car towed, it appeared. Like a light out of the darkness, the clouds...
- Posted May 5, 2016
- Iroquois High School Republican caucus run by U of L students
By Phillip Lentsch– GOP frontrunner Donald Trump ousted Texas Senator Ted Cruz by four percent in Kentucky’s first Republican caucus March 5. Trump’s triumph in Kentucky came four days after a rally he held at the Convention Center...
- Posted March 5, 2016
- Kentucky needs a Republican governor
By Kevin Grout– There is so much to be excited about in Kentucky politics. As citizens and students, we have the opportunity to make a real impact on the future of our Commonwealth. That chance begins on...
- Posted October 24, 2015
- U of L professor announces bid for U.S. Senate
By Simon Isham— Greg Leichty, a U of L professor in the Communications department, announced on Sunday that he would be making a bid for U.S. Senate. Leichty made the announcement that he would be a candidate...
- Posted June 19, 2013