- Women’s basketball pulls out the overtime victory over rival Kentucky
- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
All posts tagged "republican"
- The electoral college system has lost its touch
By Ryan Hiles — I want to preface this by saying I accept the election results. As much as it shakes me to my core, Donald Trump is my president and he won that title through a legitimate election....
- Posted November 18, 2016
- Mayor Jim Gray brings experience to race
By Kyeland Jackson — With the presidential election fast approaching, competition closes for the U.S. senate. Encouraging students to register and vote on Nov. 8, U.S. Senate candidate Jim Gray spoke to The Cardinal about what he brings...
- Posted October 16, 2016
- A “yuge” narrative: My first political rally
By Kyeland Jackson — Suddenly, just as we were about to settle for a risky spot moments after witnessing a poor soul have their car towed, it appeared. Like a light out of the darkness, the clouds...
- Posted May 5, 2016
- Iroquois High School Republican caucus run by U of L students
By Phillip Lentsch– GOP frontrunner Donald Trump ousted Texas Senator Ted Cruz by four percent in Kentucky’s first Republican caucus March 5. Trump’s triumph in Kentucky came four days after a rally he held at the Convention Center...
- Posted March 5, 2016
- Kentucky needs a Republican governor
By Kevin Grout– There is so much to be excited about in Kentucky politics. As citizens and students, we have the opportunity to make a real impact on the future of our Commonwealth. That chance begins on...
- Posted October 24, 2015
- U of L professor announces bid for U.S. Senate
By Simon Isham— Greg Leichty, a U of L professor in the Communications department, announced on Sunday that he would be making a bid for U.S. Senate. Leichty made the announcement that he would be a candidate...
- Posted June 19, 2013