- Women’s basketball pulls out the overtime victory over rival Kentucky
- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
All posts tagged "Rae Hodge"
- Letter from the Editor: Ave atque vale
By Rae Hodge– There’s a seething hatred of the amateur in U.S. media culture. It comes from our idolization of those legendary writers who started their careers without our kind of savage competition (back when anyone with...
- Posted May 1, 2013
- Unbreakable: Louisville’s Inspired 2013 Championship Run
In celebration of the University of Louisville’s NCAA Championship victory over the University of Michigan, The Louisville Cardinal, the independent student newspaper, is proud to announce the publication of “Unbreakable: Louisville’s Inspired 2013 Championship Run,” an instant...
- Posted April 10, 2013
- Open to the public: Students hash out use of the n-word at University of Louisville
By Rae Hodge– At the center of the story was the slur heard round the ‘Ville. A white, university-employed student, with a less-than-private Facebook account, referred to hip hop as “n*****bop” in a status update about artist...
- Posted April 2, 2013
- Dear Seniors: Do you want to go into grad school debt or do you want to be awesome instead?
By Rae Hodge– My mailbox has been spewing glossy, 8-page advertisements for MA programs since last August. They’re high-quality print stock brochures from nearby universities which promise an easy academic transition into urban planning, law school, and...
- Posted March 27, 2013
- Severance packages offer U of L potential solutions
By Rae Hodge– After dealing with 13 budget cuts in the last 12 years, the University of Louisville is now looking to save more money by offering buyouts to staff and faculty. On Feb. 25 the university...
- Posted March 7, 2013
- The view from the Capitol: U of L construction, alcohol consumption and student protests
By Rae Hodge– Universities took action this week in the state Capitol. President Eli Capilouto of the University of Kentucky acted as spokesman on behalf of six of the state’s public universities, while students chanted in halls...
- Posted February 27, 2013
- Industrial hemp bill passes state Senate, garners public support
By Rae Hodge– After sailing through the Kentucky Senate Agriculture Committee, and passing out of the State Senate in a 31-6 vote, a bill supporting industrial hemp now faces an uncertain fate in the state House of...
- Posted February 19, 2013
- This week in Frankfort: One dean honored, two smoking bands considered and a hundred baby bibs hung
By Rae Hodge– The Kentucky legislature resumed business in Frankfort in the last week, and swiftly began taking up legislation in committee and chamber. The following events are highlights from the week’s activities, including celebrations, landmark...
- Posted February 13, 2013
- Letters to the editor of apology, defense and truth
Letter from the editor To the readers of the Louisville Cardinal, candidates and members of the SGA, U of L Greek organizations and audience members: During a live-tweet of last night’s SGA Debates, a writer from The...
- Posted February 13, 2013
- Our opinions diverge on gun control
The Louisville Cardinal’s editorial staff has been closely following the national gun debate in recent months. Our publication has come to represent a number of diverse opinions on the topics of gun control, mental health, background checks,...
- Posted February 7, 2013