- Acting law dean chosen to replace Duncan
- Women’s golf headed to NCAA Regionals for fourth straight year
- Men’s tennis takes down Notre Dame for ACC tournament win
- Crawford named next law school dean
- John Schnatter resigns from athletics board
- Louisville eats: The best restaurants in the city
- Women’s tennis advances in ACC Championships
- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
All posts tagged "president"
- Tirumala to be next SGA President
By Olivia Krauth– Vishnu Tirumala will be the next Student Government Association President after beating Georgie Sook in a run-off election, according to unofficial election results. Tirumala will be joined by running mate Sarah Love, who beat...
- Posted March 10, 2017
- Trump redefines “fake” news
By Nick Amon — A new age is upon us. An age where media outlets and news organizations alike have become a target of not only our wet-eared Oval Office, but generally anyone who feels information that’s...
- Posted March 5, 2017
- Amid budget cuts, faculty urge transparency
By Kyeland Jackson — Faculty senate members urged transparency in their first meeting since Interim President Greg Postel revealed a $48 million budget shortfall. “I think we need to hold firm with the interim president that, throughout...
- Posted March 1, 2017
- U of L’s acting president rumored to leave for Cincinnati
By Kyeland Jackson — Acting President Neville Pinto may bid adieu to U of L, opting to be president at the University of Cincinnati. A WCPO report projected Pinto’s nomination, stating the school board will vote Pinto in...
- Posted December 16, 2016
- Trump’s win leaves many Americans scratching their heads
By Ryan Hiles — This morning after Election Day, I was hungover in more ways than one. The empty bottle of Four Roses on the coffee table reminds me of the night that was, just as the...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- University cheerleader suspended for controversial election day tweets
By Brooke Moody — A University of Louisville cheerleader is under fire for online comments towards those concerned by Donald Trump’s presidential election. Brynn Baker is suspended from the team while the university investigates her statements. On her now-private Twitter...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- Election results lead to defacement of Thinker statue, increased counseling center offerings
By Kyeland Jackson — Following a contentious presidential election, someone defaced U of L’s famous “Thinker” statue, using pink chalk to write “#Trump Build that wall” at the base of the statue. Law students later cleaned the chalk...
- Posted November 9, 2016
- The Louisville Cardinal endorses Hillary Clinton for U.S. President
By the Editorial Staff– Americans are nearing the end of a presidential race wrought with scandals and scathing public opinion of both the Democratic and Republican nominees. As voters go to the polls on Nov. 8, they will...
- Posted November 1, 2016
- Pinto meets students over ice cream
By Eiman Zuberi– New, returning and transfer students had the opportunity to meet with acting President Neville Pinto at two ice cream socials on Aug. 30. The back-to-back socials in front of Miller Hall and in the SRC...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- SGA election still receiving attention
By Phillip Lentsch– Last week’s SGA election was full of contested slots and landslide victories. On Feb. 22, Aaron Vance was declared the new SGA President. Vance received 75.02 percent of the vote, while his competitor, Nathan...
- Posted February 28, 2016