- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
- Suspect charged in Old Louisville assault
- Louisville shines in College GameDay atmosphere
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
- Students on edge after Old Louisville crime spree
- Benz insists Ramsey and foundation chair must go
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
- Official under investigation set to retire
All posts tagged "president"
- Pinto meets students over ice cream
By Eiman Zuberi– New, returning and transfer students had the opportunity to meet with acting President Neville Pinto at two ice cream socials on Aug. 30. The back-to-back socials in front of Miller Hall and in the SRC...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- SGA election still receiving attention
By Phillip Lentsch– Last week’s SGA election was full of contested slots and landslide victories. On Feb. 22, Aaron Vance was declared the new SGA President. Vance received 75.02 percent of the vote, while his competitor, Nathan...
- Posted February 28, 2016
- President brings economic message to Louisville
President of the United States Barack Obama visited Louisville tech company Indatus on Tuesday to speak on tech jobs and the economy. His initial schedule was delayed by three hours due to news of progress on nuclear...
- Posted April 2, 2015
- President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham– U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky. Although...
- Posted July 10, 2014
- #SOTU: What you need to know
By: Jacob Abrahamson– Last Tuesday, President Obama went before Congress to deliver his annual State of the Union address. Throughout America’s history, these addresses have been a president’s tool for laying out an agenda for the next...
- Posted February 1, 2014
- SGA elections to be uncontested
By Simon Isham– For the first time in the U of L Student Government Association’s history, the winners have been decided before the voting has even started. Only one candidate campaigned for each of the 14 available...
- Posted January 28, 2014
- Board of Trustees moves to protect U of L finances
By Xavier Bleuel– On Thursday, the University of Louisville’s Board of Trustee’s agreed to become more aggressive in the prevention and protection of the universities’ funds and finances. This follows the firing of Perry Vaughn after an...
- Posted September 13, 2013
- President Ramsey talks economics
By Cassie Glancy– As part of the State of the University Program, President Ramsey recently gave his State of the Economy speech to about 200 faculty, staff, and students in Horn Auditorium at the College of Business...
- Posted September 12, 2013
- In The News: What you missed while you were in class
By Simon Isham and Maggie Cunningham– LMPD Mac 24 program graduates 36 recruits A diverse group of 36 recruits has graduated the Louisville Metro Police Department’s MAC 24 program. Among the recruits, 66 percent have graduate or...
- Posted March 26, 2013
- One-on-one with the candidates: The Cardinal talks to AJ Bucci and Megan Mercer
By Genevieve Mills– AJ Bucci is a candidate for SGA President. Megan Mercer is a candidate for SGA Senate. Q: Why did you decide to run for SGA? AJ Bucci: Since my first year at the...
- Posted February 12, 2013