- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
- Counseling center still overwhelmed by students
- The Weeknd’s “Starboy” faintly shines
All posts tagged "president"
- Trump’s win leaves many Americans scratching their heads
By Ryan Hiles — This morning after Election Day, I was hungover in more ways than one. The empty bottle of Four Roses on the coffee table reminds me of the night that was, just as the...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- University cheerleader suspended for controversial election day tweets
By Brooke Moody — A University of Louisville cheerleader is under fire for online comments towards those concerned by Donald Trump’s presidential election. Brynn Baker is suspended from the team while the university investigates her statements. On her now-private Twitter...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- Election results lead to defacement of Thinker statue, increased counseling center offerings
By Kyeland Jackson — Following a contentious presidential election, someone defaced U of L’s famous “Thinker” statue, using pink chalk to write “#Trump Build that wall” at the base of the statue. Law students later cleaned the chalk...
- Posted November 9, 2016
- The Louisville Cardinal endorses Hillary Clinton for U.S. President
By the Editorial Staff– Americans are nearing the end of a presidential race wrought with scandals and scathing public opinion of both the Democratic and Republican nominees. As voters go to the polls on Nov. 8, they will...
- Posted November 1, 2016
- Pinto meets students over ice cream
By Eiman Zuberi– New, returning and transfer students had the opportunity to meet with acting President Neville Pinto at two ice cream socials on Aug. 30. The back-to-back socials in front of Miller Hall and in the SRC...
- Posted August 31, 2016
- SGA election still receiving attention
By Phillip Lentsch– Last week’s SGA election was full of contested slots and landslide victories. On Feb. 22, Aaron Vance was declared the new SGA President. Vance received 75.02 percent of the vote, while his competitor, Nathan...
- Posted February 28, 2016
- President brings economic message to Louisville
President of the United States Barack Obama visited Louisville tech company Indatus on Tuesday to speak on tech jobs and the economy. His initial schedule was delayed by three hours due to news of progress on nuclear...
- Posted April 2, 2015
- President Ramsey receives performance review
By Simon Isham– U of L President James Ramsey today received his annual performance review from the university’s Board of Trustees, the body which appoints him. The board met today at a retreat in Paducah, Ky. Although...
- Posted July 10, 2014
- #SOTU: What you need to know
By: Jacob Abrahamson– Last Tuesday, President Obama went before Congress to deliver his annual State of the Union address. Throughout America’s history, these addresses have been a president’s tool for laying out an agenda for the next...
- Posted February 1, 2014
- SGA elections to be uncontested
By Simon Isham– For the first time in the U of L Student Government Association’s history, the winners have been decided before the voting has even started. Only one candidate campaigned for each of the 14 available...
- Posted January 28, 2014