- Brief: Constituency representatives to meet with Ramsey
- Student reaction: Ramsey and BOT pushed out
- Bridgeman named U of L foundation chair
- Brief: Tuition increase goes forward regardless of board shake up
- Andy Beshear filing suit against Bevin
- Faculty worry U of L’s accreditation endangered
- Ramsey officially stepping down as president
- Faculty and staff pursue injunction against Bevin
- Ramsey offers to resign, board gets shake up
- U of L LGBT community shows support for Orlando
All posts tagged "Olivia Krauth"
- U of L low on endowment return list
By Olivia Krauth– U of L has one of the lowest returns amounts in Kentucky public higher education, according to five years’ worth of data examined by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting. The story, released today,...
- Posted May 25, 2016
- A student’s guide to surviving Derby season
By Olivia Krauth– In case you haven’t noticed, the Kentucky Derby is a huge deal, both in the area and in the horse-racing world. Because Churchill Downs is in U of L’s backyard, students who stick around...
- Posted May 5, 2016
- Sanders rallies in Louisville during Indiana win
By Olivia Krauth & Kyeland Jackson– As the votes were tallied for his win in Indiana’s primary, Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders spoke to around 7,000 people at Waterfront Park May 3. The senator discussed his...
- Posted May 4, 2016
- Student suit against Powell dismissed
By Olivia Krauth– A Jefferson County Circuit Court judge dismissed a lawsuit brought by U of L students against Katina Powell today. Kyle Hornback and other students sued Powell, the author of “Breaking Cardinal Rules,” in November,...
- Posted May 3, 2016
- Follett selected as new U of L bookstore partner
By Olivia Krauth– Follett Higher Education Group will replace Barnes & Noble as U of L’s bookstore partner beginning May 2016. The contract for Barnes & Noble was slated to end May 9. “It will transform our campus...
- Posted April 20, 2016
- Editor’s note: 10 things I learned as EIC
By Olivia Krauth– Three semesters and 43 issues later, my term as the Cardinal’s Editor-in-Chief is over. That’s right—by the time you read this, I’ll be the washed-up, former EIC. As much as I dislike having the...
- Posted April 18, 2016
- Meet the incoming staff of The Louisville Cardinal
Kyeland Jackson, Editor-in-Chief @kyelandj Major: Masters in communication Why should someone work for TLC? It’s the best way to learn journalism while staying involved with your campus. Brooke Moody, Assistant Editor-in-Chief @brookeashmoody Majors: Communication and political science Summer...
- Posted April 17, 2016
- Rae Sremmurd lights up Louisville Palace
By Olivia Krauth– You know those songs you hear everywhere from the radio to your downstairs neighbor’s parties? The hip-hop ones where you seem to know every word, but have little to no idea who the artist...
- Posted April 9, 2016
- U of L announces new dining partner
By Olivia Krauth– U of L will begin working with Aramark this fall, replacing Sodexo as the campus dining partner. A release from U of L said the new partnership will allow for extended hours, new dining...
- Posted April 6, 2016
- A&S faculty withdraw motion for vote of no-confidence
By Olivia Krauth– Two A&S professors withdrew their motion for a vote of no-confidence in President James Ramsey from the next faculty assembly meeting agenda. Patricia Gagne and Nancy Theriot, who made and seconded the motion March 25,...
- Posted March 28, 2016