- Judge says Confederate statue can move
- Brief: Attorney moves to continue confederate statue removal
- U of L adds urban sustainability degree
- Bevin’s higher ed cuts ruled legal
- Where are the Cards now: Chaz Embry and David Green
- Grigory Tarasevich looks to place in Rio
- Staff being paid less than national average
- Brief: U of L bookstore closing in transition to Follett
- U of L alumni bring experience to Derby
- Live Blog: Sights and sounds from #TLCDerby
All posts tagged "NFL"
- Anti-LGBT bills move southern states backwards
By Bethany Stacy– Last summer, the United States made a huge stride toward equality for the LGBT community when the Supreme Court declared the ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional. LGBT people and their allies all over the...
- Posted April 13, 2016
- Rankins and Burgess headline Cardinal’s 2016 NFL draft class
By Conner Farrell– Former Louisville football players Sheldon Rankins and James Burgess caused havoc on opposing team’s backfields. The two combined for 61.5 tackles for a loss, 22 sacks and eight interceptions in their four years at U of...
- Posted March 3, 2016
- Internet shaming has become a sport of its own
By Ryan Hiles– If you watched any of the NFL wildcard games recently, what you witnessed was a spectacle of the human experience in its entirety. You saw tremendous expectations built and dashed in seconds. But, probably...
- Posted January 15, 2016
- Q & A with former Cardinal John Miller
Everyone knows the big names, the staples of the University of Louisville’s football program, the Teddy Bridgewaters and the DeVante Parkers of the world. But what about the big guys up front? The 300 pounders in the...
- Posted September 30, 2015
- NFL season kicks off with over 30 Cardinals
By Annie Moore– Many of the players that Louisville fans have tuned in to watch on Saturdays, can now been seen on Sundays, playing football at the highest level. There are 30 former Cardinals currently playing for...
- Posted September 10, 2015
- Football journey man Maurice Clarett visits U of L, shares lessons learned
By Derek Brightwell– Former Ohio State standout running back Maurice Clarett was on campus Thursday, Feb. 5 and Friday Feb. 6 to meet with student athletes at the University of Louisville. Clarett’s journey has been long and, at...
- Posted February 19, 2015
- The Commish: Believe it or not
Believe it or not, we are already past the midway point through the NFL season. This year is definitely one for the books, literally. The insane amount of statistical records being broken can only mean a big...
- Posted November 8, 2014
- Former U of L linebacker Preston Brown making an immediate impact in NFL
By Haley O’Shaughnessy Just three weeks into his National Football League career with the Bills, former Louisville linebacker Preston Brown is not afraid to tackle a vocal leadership role on defense– even as a rookie. “It’s fun...
- Posted September 23, 2014
- Former Cardinals stand out in NFL debut
By David Muhall Preston Brown, former middle-linebacker for the Louisville football, played well in the Buffalo Bill’s victory over the Chicago Bears. The Bills selected Brown in the third round of the NFL draft and following an...
- Posted September 12, 2014
- Three Cardinals selected in the first round of NFL Draft
By Sam Draut– For the first time in school history, three players from Louisville were selected in the first round of the NFL Draft. Safety Calvin Pryor was the first Cardinal taken, drafted by the New York...
- Posted May 9, 2014