- Brief: Debate on monument re-location begins
- Ramsey’s fate to be decided Tuesday
- Trustees will accept Ramsey’s resignation, students convince board to postpone tuition increase
- Brief: Trustees hastily call meeting, will discuss budget
- Renovation uncovers asbestos, university fined
- Q & A: Crystian Wiltshire, Louisville’s own Romeo
- U of L’s Romeo takes Central Park stage for Kentucky Shakespeare
- Officials still on payroll, made $500,000 since FBI probe began
- Pokémon Go app causes concerns
- Brief: Ramsey offered to resign
All posts tagged "NCAA"
- Self-inflicted wound hits U of L players and fanbase
By Nick Amon– “The first thing I tweeted when I first got here was: ‘God got me,’ and I truly believe that to this day.” This is what an optimistic Trey Lewis said to the media last...
- Posted February 6, 2016
- Mizzou protests demonstrate power of student athletes
The NCAA is terrified. What occurred in Columbia, Missouri last week is the kind of recurring nightmare that causes NCAA head Mark Emmert to wake up with a start on his bed made of corporate sponsorship money...
- Posted November 13, 2015
- Brief: Ramsey addresses #BBScandal
By Olivia Krauth– President James Ramsey released a written statement regarding the recent basketball allegations minutes before the beginning of today’s board of trustees meeting. The note, seen here, stresses staying focused on day-to-day operations at U...
- Posted October 8, 2015
- Preview: Louisville faces UNI in Round of 32
By Sam Draut– After a hard fought 57-55 victory on Friday against UC Irvine, Louisville faces fifth-seeded Northern Iowa Sunday evening at 9:40 p.m. in Seattle for a spot in the Sweet 16. The Panthers’ 6-foot-8 forward...
- Posted March 21, 2015
- #CardinalBoom15 U of L defeats UC Irvine
By Sam Draut– Wayne Blackshear and Quentin Snider carried fourth-seeded Louisville down the stretch to give the Cardinals a 57-55 victory over 13th-seeded UC Irvine. In the final eight minutes, senior forward Blackshear and freshman guard Snider were the...
- Posted March 20, 2015
- Preview: Louisville faces UC Irvine in second round
Fourth-seeded Louisville will face 13th-seeded UC Irvine Friday afternoon in Seattle, Washington in the second round of the NCAA tournament. The Anteaters (21-12) are playing in their program’s first NCAA tournament game while the Cardinals (24-8) have...
- Posted March 20, 2015
- Louisville heads West for NCAA tournament
A week ago, Rick Pitino jokingly said the NCAA selection committee would send his team to play somewhere in the Pacific Ocean for the NCAA tournament. On Sunday evening, Louisville (24-8) was sent to Seattle as four...
- Posted March 16, 2015
- Cards swat SLU Billikens away to reach Sweet 16
By Annie Moore– The University of Louisville basketball team defeated St. Louis University 66-51 Saturday afternoon, in a game that was anything but perfect, to advance to its third-consecutive Sweet 16. Both teams struggled to get started...
- Posted March 23, 2014
- Men’s Basketball vs. Manhattan in 1st Round of NCAA Tournament
Photos by Austin Lassell.
- Posted March 21, 2014
- Bracketology has defending national champion Cardinals a four seed
By Noah Allison Despite finishing the season as the nation’s fifth overall ranked team, winning 12 out of their last 13 games played, and rampaging through the American Athletic Conference Tournament, Louisville is ranked a four seed...
- Posted March 17, 2014