- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersectional identities
- Attorney General Asks Students to Fight Sexual Assault
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
- Mallory Comerford reflects on her national championship performance
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ stuns as live-action remake
- Trump rally draws supporters and protesters
- Mariya Moore leads women’s basketball to Sweet 16
- Ed Sheeran creates poetic masterpiece in ‘÷’
- Student killed at gallery shootout
- Students showcase artwork at Hite Art Institute’s spring show
All posts tagged "NCAA"
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
By Kyeland Jackson — U of L must account for $48 million to balance next years’ budget, possibly asking the university draw funds from salaries, halt projects and increase revenues. Interim President Greg Postel presented the budget...
- Posted February 16, 2017
- Rick Pitino and university fight NCAA allegations of ‘failing to monitor staff’
By Dalton Ray– The University of Louisville and Rick Pitino formally filed a dispute to one of the NCAA’s four allegations handed down in October. According to documents obtained by The Cardinal, U of L and Pitino’s...
- Posted January 25, 2017
- ACC launch investigation on leaked Wake Forest plays
By Kyeland Jackson — The Atlantic Coast Conference will investigate leaked football play information obtained by the University of Louisville from Wake Forest. “Protecting competitive integrity is fundamental to the Atlantic Coast Conference. The conference office is...
- Posted December 15, 2016
- Louisville fans need to accept what happened in Minardi
By Dalton Ray– One year ago, Katina Powell published her book exposing U of L and Andre McGee for allegedly providing sex acts and adult entertainment to Louisville men’s basketball recruits and players. After a year of...
- Posted October 23, 2016
- Louisville avoids severe penalties in NCAA findings
By Dalton Ray– The NCAA found four violations against U of L during their year-long investigation of the men’s basketball program. The probe began when self-proclaimed escort Katina Powell released her book “Breaking Cardinal Rules: Basketball and...
- Posted October 20, 2016
- Self-inflicted wound hits U of L players and fanbase
By Nick Amon– “The first thing I tweeted when I first got here was: ‘God got me,’ and I truly believe that to this day.” This is what an optimistic Trey Lewis said to the media last...
- Posted February 6, 2016
- Mizzou protests demonstrate power of student athletes
The NCAA is terrified. What occurred in Columbia, Missouri last week is the kind of recurring nightmare that causes NCAA head Mark Emmert to wake up with a start on his bed made of corporate sponsorship money...
- Posted November 13, 2015
- Brief: Ramsey addresses #BBScandal
By Olivia Krauth– President James Ramsey released a written statement regarding the recent basketball allegations minutes before the beginning of today’s board of trustees meeting. The note, seen here, stresses staying focused on day-to-day operations at U...
- Posted October 8, 2015
- Preview: Louisville faces UNI in Round of 32
By Sam Draut– After a hard fought 57-55 victory on Friday against UC Irvine, Louisville faces fifth-seeded Northern Iowa Sunday evening at 9:40 p.m. in Seattle for a spot in the Sweet 16. The Panthers’ 6-foot-8 forward...
- Posted March 21, 2015
- #CardinalBoom15 U of L defeats UC Irvine
By Sam Draut– Wayne Blackshear and Quentin Snider carried fourth-seeded Louisville down the stretch to give the Cardinals a 57-55 victory over 13th-seeded UC Irvine. In the final eight minutes, senior forward Blackshear and freshman guard Snider were the...
- Posted March 20, 2015