- U of L faculty assembly undergoes some changes
- U.S. Senator Joni Ernst visits U of L
- Louisville fans need to accept what happened in Minardi
- Cardinals’ defense dominate the Wolfpack at home
- Photo gallery: Louisville lights up the scoreboard against NC State
- Cards rout wolfpack, gain bowl eligibility
- U of L celebrates homecoming with annual parade
- Live Blog: No. 7 Louisville vs. NC State
- Global cyber attacks down rave alert system
- Judge denies Bevin’s request – board of trustees ruling stands
All posts tagged "music"
- Green Day lives again on new record
By Aaron Hartley– The iconic pop punk trio has been in a bit of a musical rut for the past few years. Green Day’s 2004 smash hit comeback “American Idiot” left fans and critic as to what...
- Posted October 9, 2016
- Eight ways to enjoy summer in the Ville
By Roya Fathalizadeh– It’s summer 2016, and you’re stuck in Louisville. But don’t be upset, Louisville is full of hidden adventures and places that you might not have known about. So listen up and begin your journey...
- Posted April 15, 2016
- AWOLNATION, Fall Out Boy visit Louisville
By Olivia Krauth– It’s 5:01 p.m. and I’m running down a sidewalk on Third Street, late for an interview with AWOLNATION front man, Aaron Bruno. The misty rain isn’t helping, turning my semi-disheveled appearance into something closer...
- Posted March 12, 2016
- Q&A: SAB brings White Reaper to the Red Barn
By Ali Davis — Louisville natives Tony Esposito, Sam Wilkerson, Nick Wilkerson and Ryan Hater of White Reaper played in front of a familiar crowd on Thursday night at Red Barn. Opening for the band was Spirit...
- Posted January 22, 2016
- Anderson East to bring soul to Louisville
By Brooke Moody– In two weeks, Headliners Music Hall will be stage to soulful vocalist and musician, Anderson East. A stop on his Devil In Me tour, the show will feature his latest album, “Delilah.” Alternative rock meets southern soul...
- Posted January 16, 2016
- White Reaper expected to rock the Red Barn
By Brooke Moody– White Reaper, a Louisville original rock band, will be playing the Red Barn Jan. 21. The show will feature their newest album “White Reaper Does It Again.” After the release of their first self-titled...
- Posted January 14, 2016
- Moon Taxi returns to Louisville for two nights of ‘Daybreaker’ tour
by Sam Crowder– From playing small gigs at the Hideaway Saloon to selling out weekends at Headliners, Nashville-native Moon Taxi has taken a liking to the Louisville music scene. WFPK brought Moon Taxi and opener The...
- Posted December 5, 2015
- Moon Taxi to headline entire weekend at Headliner’s
by Sarah Rohleder — Alternative outfit Moon Taxi is making a two-night return to the Derby City for their Daybreaker tour tonight and tomorrow night at Headliner’s Music Hall. Moon Taxi, a indie-alt band from Nashville who played...
- Posted December 4, 2015
- O.A.R. brings spotlight to opening acts
On Wednesday night around 7 p.m., Churchill Downs caught the funk. Of A Revolution, or O.A.R, played about a two-hour set Wednesday night. The majority of the crowd drank pale ales and wore pookah shell necklaces. They sang...
- Posted September 10, 2015
- A Cardinal across the pond: studying in Edinburgh during the Festival Fringe
By Adeline Wilson– Edinburgh in August is, in a word, mad. But it was madness I was looking for when I signed up to study in Scotland’s capitol city during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. For three weeks...
- Posted August 21, 2015