- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
- Helpful tips on starting the semester off right
- Nation prepares for Inauguration Day
- New dining options delayed
- U of L sororities gear up for spring recruitment
- Kentucky House approves bill abolishing U of L’s Board of Trustees
All posts tagged "music"
- Childish Gambino’s latest album is funky, weird and daring
By Aaron Hartley– I’ve never really been a fan of Childish Gambino, Donald Glover’s musical persona. His first album, “Camp,” was pretty bad and the follow-up, “Because the Internet,” was simply okay. His rapping was often corny...
- Posted December 7, 2016
- Pentatonix harmonizes in latest holiday album
By Madison Thompson– Acapella group Pentatonix released their Christmas album titled “A Pentatonix Christmas” on Oct. 21. Blending popular holiday tunes and modern songs, the album’s tunes span genres and styles. There are 30’s and 40’s boogie,...
- Posted November 28, 2016
- The Weeknd’s “Starboy” faintly shines
By Aaron Hartley– The Weeknd has been around for a few years now. After a series of well-received mixtapes, he dropped his first album “Kiss Land” back in 2013. But with last year’s “Beauty Behind the Madness,”...
- Posted November 26, 2016
- Lady Gaga takes chances in new album
By Aaron Hartley– Lady Gaga doesn’t need an introduction at this point. She is one of the most successful pop stars of all time, with a slew of hits under her belt. After her last pop record...
- Posted October 28, 2016
- Green Day lives again on new record
By Aaron Hartley– The iconic pop punk trio has been in a bit of a musical rut for the past few years. Green Day’s 2004 smash hit comeback “American Idiot” left fans and critic as to what...
- Posted October 9, 2016
- Eight ways to enjoy summer in the Ville
By Roya Fathalizadeh– It’s summer 2016, and you’re stuck in Louisville. But don’t be upset, Louisville is full of hidden adventures and places that you might not have known about. So listen up and begin your journey...
- Posted April 15, 2016
- AWOLNATION, Fall Out Boy visit Louisville
By Olivia Krauth– It’s 5:01 p.m. and I’m running down a sidewalk on Third Street, late for an interview with AWOLNATION front man, Aaron Bruno. The misty rain isn’t helping, turning my semi-disheveled appearance into something closer...
- Posted March 12, 2016
- Q&A: SAB brings White Reaper to the Red Barn
By Ali Davis — Louisville natives Tony Esposito, Sam Wilkerson, Nick Wilkerson and Ryan Hater of White Reaper played in front of a familiar crowd on Thursday night at Red Barn. Opening for the band was Spirit...
- Posted January 22, 2016
- Anderson East to bring soul to Louisville
By Brooke Moody– In two weeks, Headliners Music Hall will be stage to soulful vocalist and musician, Anderson East. A stop on his Devil In Me tour, the show will feature his latest album, “Delilah.” Alternative rock meets southern soul...
- Posted January 16, 2016
- White Reaper expected to rock the Red Barn
By Brooke Moody– White Reaper, a Louisville original rock band, will be playing the Red Barn Jan. 21. The show will feature their newest album “White Reaper Does It Again.” After the release of their first self-titled...
- Posted January 14, 2016