- Trustees will accept Ramsey’s resignation, students convince board to postpone tuition increase
- Brief: Trustees hastily call meeting, will discuss budget
- Renovation uncovers asbestos, university fined
- Q & A: Crystian Wiltshire, Louisville’s own Romeo
- U of L’s Romeo takes Central Park stage for Kentucky Shakespeare
- Officials still on payroll, made $500,000 since FBI probe began
- Pokémon Go app causes concerns
- Brief: Ramsey offered to resign
- U of L student, TLC writer dies
- Brief: Doug Cobb backs out of trustee appointment
All posts tagged "music"
- Eight ways to enjoy summer in the Ville
By Roya Fathalizadeh– It’s summer 2016, and you’re stuck in Louisville. But don’t be upset, Louisville is full of hidden adventures and places that you might not have known about. So listen up and begin your journey...
- Posted April 15, 2016
- AWOLNATION, Fall Out Boy visit Louisville
By Olivia Krauth– It’s 5:01 p.m. and I’m running down a sidewalk on Third Street, late for an interview with AWOLNATION front man, Aaron Bruno. The misty rain isn’t helping, turning my semi-disheveled appearance into something closer...
- Posted March 12, 2016
- Q&A: SAB brings White Reaper to the Red Barn
By Ali Davis — Louisville natives Tony Esposito, Sam Wilkerson, Nick Wilkerson and Ryan Hater of White Reaper played in front of a familiar crowd on Thursday night at Red Barn. Opening for the band was Spirit...
- Posted January 22, 2016
- Anderson East to bring soul to Louisville
By Brooke Moody– In two weeks, Headliners Music Hall will be stage to soulful vocalist and musician, Anderson East. A stop on his Devil In Me tour, the show will feature his latest album, “Delilah.” Alternative rock meets southern soul...
- Posted January 16, 2016
- White Reaper expected to rock the Red Barn
By Brooke Moody– White Reaper, a Louisville original rock band, will be playing the Red Barn Jan. 21. The show will feature their newest album “White Reaper Does It Again.” After the release of their first self-titled...
- Posted January 14, 2016
- Moon Taxi returns to Louisville for two nights of ‘Daybreaker’ tour
by Sam Crowder– From playing small gigs at the Hideaway Saloon to selling out weekends at Headliners, Nashville-native Moon Taxi has taken a liking to the Louisville music scene. WFPK brought Moon Taxi and opener The...
- Posted December 5, 2015
- Moon Taxi to headline entire weekend at Headliner’s
by Sarah Rohleder — Alternative outfit Moon Taxi is making a two-night return to the Derby City for their Daybreaker tour tonight and tomorrow night at Headliner’s Music Hall. Moon Taxi, a indie-alt band from Nashville who played...
- Posted December 4, 2015
- O.A.R. brings spotlight to opening acts
On Wednesday night around 7 p.m., Churchill Downs caught the funk. Of A Revolution, or O.A.R, played about a two-hour set Wednesday night. The majority of the crowd drank pale ales and wore pookah shell necklaces. They sang...
- Posted September 10, 2015
- A Cardinal across the pond: studying in Edinburgh during the Festival Fringe
By Adeline Wilson– Edinburgh in August is, in a word, mad. But it was madness I was looking for when I signed up to study in Scotland’s capitol city during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. For three weeks...
- Posted August 21, 2015
- Dr. Dre prescribes perfection on Compton
Matthew Shircliffe– After taking a 16 year sabbatical, gaining mountains of excitement for his brainchild album Detox , which no longer exists and venturing into the business side, becoming Hip-Hop’s first billionaire, legendary super-producer, Dr. Dre, has...
- Posted August 10, 2015