- Brief: TLC Bringing Three-day coverage for Derby weekend
- Brief: U of L investigation stalled by late reports
- Faculty senate shows confidence in Ramsey
- Sanders rallies in Louisville during Indiana win
- Student suit against Powell dismissed
- Editorial: Moving statue does not erase history
- Judge halts Confederate statue removal
- Protestors form around Confederate monument
- U of L and city to remove Confederate monument
- Bevin allows university representatives a vote on BOT
All posts tagged "Montrezl Harrell"
- Louisville advances to the Elite Eight
By Sam Draut– For the fifth time in the past seven years, Louisville is headed to the Elite Eight. The Cardinals defeated N.C. State 75-65 Friday night to play for the opportunity at a Final Four. Montrezl...
- Posted March 27, 2015
- Preview: Louisville faces UC Irvine in second round
Fourth-seeded Louisville will face 13th-seeded UC Irvine Friday afternoon in Seattle, Washington in the second round of the NCAA tournament. The Anteaters (21-12) are playing in their program’s first NCAA tournament game while the Cardinals (24-8) have...
- Posted March 20, 2015
- From Tarboro to the ‘Ville’: the history of Montrezl Harrell
The lights are brought down at the KFC Yum! Center for another Cardinal basketball game. “The 6-foot-8 junior from Tarboro, North Carolina,” says the announcer, before introducinging star forward Montrezl Harrell. This begs the question: What about...
- Posted January 30, 2015
- The dunk heard round the world
By Noah Allison: There was really nothing quite like it. In my day of watching sports, I don’t think there has ever been a single moment where I was more crunk than right after his alley-oop dunk....
- Posted January 28, 2015
- The Evolution of Trez
By Noah Allison: Freshman Year Harrell stepped into an advantageous yet demanding role on the 2012-2013 Louisville basketball squad. He was the only freshman to dress and the only freshman to contribute in every game of the...
- Posted January 27, 2015
- PHOTO: Duke defeats U of L MBB 63 – 52
Photos by Austin Lassell / The Louisville Cardinal
- Posted January 17, 2015
- The Monster is back: Harrell returns for junior year
By Noah Allison Card Nation held its breath awaiting an announcement from forward Montrezl Harrell on whether he would declare for the NBA draft or return for his junior season. A first year in the ACC without...
- Posted April 21, 2014
- Men’s basketball run ends as it falls to Kentucky in Sweet Sixteen
By Annie Moore The Louisville men’s basketball team saw its season come to an end in the Sweet Sixteen against in-state rival Kentucky, 74-69. The loss marked what head coach Rick Pitino called ‘the end of an...
- Posted March 29, 2014
- No. 11 Louisville beats No. 18 SMU 84-71
By Sam Draut– Russ Smith scored 22 points in the second half, hitting six three pointers, leading eleventh ranked Louisville to an 84-71 win against eighteenth ranked Southern Methodist. The Cardinals second road victory over a ranked...
- Posted March 5, 2014
- Nobody dunks like Montrezl dunks
By Noah Allison Louisville is a basketball school, and of all the basketball schools Louisville is one that is known for its dunkers. The rims are still shaking from the power of past greats. Last year, forward...
- Posted February 24, 2014