- Ryan McMahon adds crucial element to men’s basketball
- Women’s swimming takes third at ACC Championships
- Next year’s budget faces $48 million hurdle
- Tips on saving flex for the rest of the semester
- Interim president upholds tuition promise, supports external search for permanent president
- Overtime win against Syracuse ties men’s basketball for second in the ACC
- Softball is willing to embrace the challenge in 2017
- Recapping a buzzing weekend in U of L athletics
- No. 12 women’s basketball gets an easy 68-43 victory over Boston College
- Panda Express comes to campus
All posts tagged "men’s basketball"
- Men’s basketball takes Pittsburgh to the cleaners, win 106-51
By Jeff Milby– A career-high 29 points from sophomore guard Donovan Mitchell and stifling defense led No. 13 men’s basketball to a resounding 106-51 victory over the Pittsburgh Panthers. Junior big man Anas Mahmoud finished with 14 points, three...
- Posted January 24, 2017
- Men’s basketball wins first ACC game against Georgia Tech
By Dalton Ray– In their second straight road game, the men’s basketball team held off Georgia Tech for the 65-50 win, the first conference win this season. The Cardinals were led by Donovan Mitchell, scoring 20 points,...
- Posted January 7, 2017
- Men’s basketball shakes off cold start, blasts EKU by 31
By Dalton Ray– No. 11 men’s basketball gained their 10th win of the season in the 87-56 win over Eastern Kentucky. The Colonels didn’t allow the victory to come easy, as they led most of the first...
- Posted December 17, 2016
- Rick Pitino earns 400th career win at Louisville
By Dalton Ray– With the 102-71 win over Texas Southern, coach Rick Pitino notched his 400th win as Louisville’s head men’s basketball coach. The win is U of L’s fourth straight win, putting the team at 9-1....
- Posted December 10, 2016
- Men’s basketball routs Southern Illinois 74-51
By Dalton Ray– No. 11 men’s basketball team destroyed Southern Illinois 74-51. The Cards are now 8-1 and are back in action Saturday at 2 p.m. coach Rick Pitino aims for his 400th win at Louisville against...
- Posted December 7, 2016
- Tony Hicks provides experience as graduate transfer
By Matt Bradshaw– Cut short of a postseason run, transfers Trey Lewis and Damion Lee were not able to help Louisville shine in the NCAA tournament last season. Another talented transfer, Tony Hicks, will look for his moment...
- Posted November 11, 2016
- Quentin Snider primed for successful 2016
By Jordan Shim– Every top basketball team takes care of the ball, demanding it most from the point guard. Since Quentin Snider took over the position, he has shown tremendous composure and hardly makes mistakes. In his freshman...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- Men’s basketball looking for new contributors
By Dalton Ray– After losing their top three contributors, Louisville men’s basketball enters the 2016-2017 season with a lot of questions. Trey Lewis, Damion Lee and Chinanu Onuaku won’t be easy to replace. Donovan Mitchell, Deng Adel...
- Posted November 6, 2016
- Looking back at five questions of U of L Athletics in 2016
By Dalton Ray– Earlier this year, The Cardinal released U of L Athletics’ five best moments of 2015. In that article, the second half included five questions for 2016. As July begins, nearly all of the questions have been answered....
- Posted July 4, 2016
- Louisville defeats Boston College 79-47
By Noah Allison– Despite knowing there will be no NCAA Tournament birth this year Louisville still came to play against Boston College. Winning 79-47, the Cards improved to an 19-4 record while the Eagles drop to a 7-16...
- Posted February 6, 2016