- Acting law dean chosen to replace Duncan
- Women’s golf headed to NCAA Regionals for fourth straight year
- Men’s tennis takes down Notre Dame for ACC tournament win
- Crawford named next law school dean
- John Schnatter resigns from athletics board
- Louisville eats: The best restaurants in the city
- Women’s tennis advances in ACC Championships
- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
All posts tagged "men’s basketball"
- Making the case: Men’s basketball reaching the Final Four
By Dalton Ray– A year removed from a self-imposed postseason ban, the men’s basketball team enters the 2017 NCAA tournament as a two seed in Midwest Region. Louisville will need to shake their recent losing ways if they want...
- Posted March 13, 2017
- No. 8 men’s basketball stunned on road, loses to Wake Forest 88-81
By Jeff Milby– The eighth-ranked men’s basketball team dropped their first game against an unranked opponent this season in a 88-81 road loss to Wake Forest. Louisville jumped out to a hot start behind strong efforts from...
- Posted March 2, 2017
- Men’s basketball takes Pittsburgh to the cleaners, win 106-51
By Jeff Milby– A career-high 29 points from sophomore guard Donovan Mitchell and stifling defense led No. 13 men’s basketball to a resounding 106-51 victory over the Pittsburgh Panthers. Junior big man Anas Mahmoud finished with 14 points, three...
- Posted January 24, 2017
- Men’s basketball wins first ACC game against Georgia Tech
By Dalton Ray– In their second straight road game, the men’s basketball team held off Georgia Tech for the 65-50 win, the first conference win this season. The Cardinals were led by Donovan Mitchell, scoring 20 points,...
- Posted January 7, 2017
- Men’s basketball shakes off cold start, blasts EKU by 31
By Dalton Ray– No. 11 men’s basketball gained their 10th win of the season in the 87-56 win over Eastern Kentucky. The Colonels didn’t allow the victory to come easy, as they led most of the first...
- Posted December 17, 2016
- Rick Pitino earns 400th career win at Louisville
By Dalton Ray– With the 102-71 win over Texas Southern, coach Rick Pitino notched his 400th win as Louisville’s head men’s basketball coach. The win is U of L’s fourth straight win, putting the team at 9-1....
- Posted December 10, 2016
- Men’s basketball routs Southern Illinois 74-51
By Dalton Ray– No. 11 men’s basketball team destroyed Southern Illinois 74-51. The Cards are now 8-1 and are back in action Saturday at 2 p.m. coach Rick Pitino aims for his 400th win at Louisville against...
- Posted December 7, 2016
- Tony Hicks provides experience as graduate transfer
By Matt Bradshaw– Cut short of a postseason run, transfers Trey Lewis and Damion Lee were not able to help Louisville shine in the NCAA tournament last season. Another talented transfer, Tony Hicks, will look for his moment...
- Posted November 11, 2016
- Quentin Snider primed for successful 2016
By Jordan Shim– Every top basketball team takes care of the ball, demanding it most from the point guard. Since Quentin Snider took over the position, he has shown tremendous composure and hardly makes mistakes. In his freshman...
- Posted November 10, 2016
- Men’s basketball looking for new contributors
By Dalton Ray– After losing their top three contributors, Louisville men’s basketball enters the 2016-2017 season with a lot of questions. Trey Lewis, Damion Lee and Chinanu Onuaku won’t be easy to replace. Donovan Mitchell, Deng Adel...
- Posted November 6, 2016