- Crawford named next law school dean
- John Schnatter resigns from athletics board
- Louisville eats: The best restaurants in the city
- Women’s tennis advances in ACC Championships
- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
- Men’s basketball lands UConn transfer
All posts tagged "LGBT"
- PHOTO: PINK sparkles for its 20 year anniversary
By Roya Fathalizadeh– Celebrating its 20th anniversary, people of all races, ages and sexual orientations came together to celebrate diversity and love during PINK, U of L LGBT Center’s drag show. The drag show included performances from...
- Posted April 1, 2017
- Human trafficking conference aims to raise awareness
By Eric Matthews– The seventh Annual Human Trafficking Awareness Conference brought students, faculty and community members together to discuss a largely invisible social issue. Hosted by the Women4Women Student Board in the SAC multipurpose room, the Feb. 8...
- Posted February 12, 2017
- U of L LGBT community shows support for Orlando
By Kyeland Jackson — After the deadly Orlando shooting which left 49 dead and dozens injured, U of L’s LGBT community has rallied to show its support. Once news of the shooting at the gay nightclub spread, the city and...
- Posted June 17, 2016
- Anti-LGBT bills move southern states backwards
By Bethany Stacy– Last summer, the United States made a huge stride toward equality for the LGBT community when the Supreme Court declared the ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional. LGBT people and their allies all over the...
- Posted April 13, 2016
- Hateful graffiti undermines U of L’s diversity image
By Nick Amon– We should have a discussion. Despite a campus-wide email, it seems like no one knows about—or cares about—another instance of discrimination on campus. A close-minded Banksy wannabe spray-painted a derogatory message geared towards the...
- Posted March 27, 2016
- Derogatory messages written near LGBT Center
By Phillip Lentsch– In the wake of previous racial tensions at Threlkeld Hall, another disparaging incident has hit U of L. The afternoon of March 23, Interim Provost Neville Pinto and Vice Provost Mordean Taylor-Archer sent a campus-wide...
- Posted March 23, 2016
- LGBT Center invites students to Alternative Thanksgiving
On Tuesday Nov. 24 U of L’s LGBT Center gathered in the Red Barn for an Alternative Thanksgiving. The LGBT Alumni Network hosted the event, and Humana’s LGBT Resource Group donated home cooked items like turkey and...
- Posted December 1, 2015
- PINK performers are a drag
Brian Buford, the director of the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) center at U of L, described Friday evening as his “long time dream.” He referred to the LGBT program as a second home for himself. As it...
- Posted March 30, 2015
- Cupid doesn’t discriminate, neither should you
By Patty Cowley– When I sat down to write about Valentine’s Day and hetero-normativity for this op-ed, I found myself surprisingly stuck. Most of my adult life has been dedicated in some part to the LGBT community....
- Posted February 13, 2015
- Kentucky companies receive high LGBT equality ratings
The Human Rights Campaign, the country’s largest LGBT civil rights organization, recently released its Corporate Equality Index, which assesses the climate of and benefits afforded to LGBT employees. Four Kentucky companies were ranked in the 2015 index....
- Posted December 4, 2014