- Faculty to demand greater role in university governance
- Club hockey and rugby take steps to build their programs
- Baylor too much for women’s basketball, Cards’ season ends in Sweet 16
- NCAA: Pitino did not adequately monitor Andre McGee
- Community gathers to remember Savannah Walker
- “A Muslim Marine” examines intersecting identities
- Attorney General asks students to fight sexual assault
- Vanessa Carlton talks life after “A Thousand Miles”
- Tempers flare in first budget forum
- Mallory Comerford reflects on her national championship performance
All posts tagged "lacrosse"
- Athletes of the week: Feb. 19-26
By Dalton Ray– Lacrosse- Hannah Koloski, senior The leading goal scorer for coach Kellie Young’s 5-1 squad is coming off a 12-goal week. Playing in a home match against Vanderbilt and on the road against Brown, Koloski...
- Posted February 27, 2017
- Lacrosse’s Morissette and Daley earn All-Conference honors
By Dalton Ray– Seniors Kaylin Morissette and Cortnee Daley have been selected to the 2016 All-ACC Women’s Lacrosse Team. Morissette was awarded with first team honors and Daley was named to the second team. The league’s head...
- Posted April 27, 2016
- U of L hosts busy weekend of free events
By Noah Allison– Six sports programs at the University of Louisville host free on-campus contests this weekend, here is a rundown of the games, matches and events: Lacrosse What: Lacrosse hosts Virginia on Senior Day Where: Louisville Lacrosse...
- Posted April 13, 2016
- Lacrosse runs away from Marquette and looks ahead
By Dalton Ray In the season opener the women’s lacrosse team defeated Marquette 14-6. The Golden Eagles scored early in both halves but couldn’t keep up with the Cardinal’s attack. Jillian Balong, Cortnee Daley and Julia Wood...
- Posted February 6, 2016
- Lacrosse’s ACC growing pains prepare Cards for postseason
By Derek Brightwell– The first season in the Atlantic Coast Conference, unquestionably the best women’s lacrosse conference in the nation, has been a challenge for the 11th ranked Cardinals. While they have a 9-5 record on the...
- Posted April 13, 2015
- Weekend’s freezing rain couldn’t cool off Lacrosse’s hot start to season
By Dalton Ray– On a weekend in which most sporting events in Louisville were canceled, the women’s lacrosse game was not. The number-13 Cardinals took on the traveling Canisius Golden Griffins in less than ideal conditions and...
- Posted February 24, 2015
- Lacrosse opens season with Bearcat beatdown, defeats Cincinnati 17-8
By Derek Brightwell– The 13th ranked Louisville women’s lacrosse team opened their season at home with a 17-8 victory over former Big East rival Cincinnati on Sunday. Sophomore Hannah Koloski led the Cards in goals scored with...
- Posted February 16, 2015
- U of L, the only school with a women’s lacrosse stadium boasts true home field advantage
By Derek Brightwell It is well known that U of L Athletic Director Tom Jurich has always done his best to give his programs the top facilities in the nation. But what you may not know is...
- Posted April 21, 2014
- Lacrosse defeats Georgetown
By Derek Brightwell The University of Louisville Lacrosse team opened up their Big East schedule with a 14-13 upset victory at No. 14 Georgetown on Saturday, improving their record to 7-3 on the season. The Cardinals were...
- Posted March 31, 2014
- Senior Nikki Boltja stepping up for Lacrosse team
By Derek Brightwell Nikki Boltja could leave the University of Louisville as the school’s most decorated lacrosse player. As a junior, she was named a third-team All-American and a first team All-Region. She is a highly efficient...
- Posted March 5, 2014