- Louisville fans need to accept what happened in Minardi
- U of L’s twilight zone – crime endangers off-campus students
- Louisville avoids severe penalties in NCAA findings
- U of L students dodge carjacking attempt
- Board appoints Neville Pinto acting president
- Louisville comes up a yard short versus Clemson
- U of L students lead “die-in” for black lives
- Bevin’s board permanently blocked
- The housing boom: Are students satisfied?
- Previewing the Clemson Tigers
All posts tagged "James Ramsey"
- U of L Foundation construction touts $102K price tag
By Kyeland Jackson — An almost $102,000 building renovation by the University of Louisville Foundation will be paid by its tenant, a subsidiary of the foundation itself. First reported by Insider Louisville, AAF-Louisville, created by ULF in 2008, will...
- Posted October 18, 2016
- NCAA findings still loom over U of L basketball fanbase
By Chris Acree — Break out your costumes and prepare for an onslaught of pumpkin-scented everything, because it’s finally October. Time for the leaves to start falling and UK fans to emerge from their caves to talk...
- Posted October 6, 2016
- The Cardinal interviews Acting President Pinto
By Phillip Lentsch– Where are you originally from, and what got you interested in teaching? Well, I was born in Bombay, India, and grew up there. I went to the India Institute of Technology in New Delhi,...
- Posted October 5, 2016
- Kathleen Smith placed on leave
By Kyeland Jackson — University of Louisville Foundation Assistant Secretary Kathleen Smith was placed on paid leave Monday. Smith, who was employed with the university for over 40 years, was former university president James Ramsey’s chief of staff. ULF...
- Posted September 27, 2016
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
By Kyeland Jackson — The University of Louisville Foundation’s board implemented a major shakeup Friday. James Ramsey, former University of Louisville president, resigned as president of the foundation. Ramsey’s letter praised the university’s progress. “While I appreciate the Foundation’s support,...
- Posted September 16, 2016
- U of L Foundation finds itself staring down potential lawsuit
By Chris Acree –– It seems like everybody is just at each other’s throats recently, doesn’t it? You’ve got Trump vs. Clinton, Bevin vs. Beshear, UK vs. their student newspaper, me vs. my wife on who’s taking the garbage...
- Posted September 15, 2016
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
By Kyeland Jackson — The meeting planned to smooth tensions between university board of trustees and the U of L Foundation won’t happen this week. First reported by the Courier-Journal, board Chair Larry Benz confirmed the meeting...
- Posted September 13, 2016
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
By Kyeland Jackson — Under former University of Louisville President James Ramsey, the U of L Foundation’s performance has stalled. The Courier-Journal first reported the findings Saturday, citing comparisons to endowment managers for other universities. According to...
- Posted September 11, 2016
- University of Louisville Foundation cancels meeting
By Kyeland Jackson — The University of Louisville Foundation abruptly canceled a last-minute executive session 10 minutes before they were going to meet on Monday. Many thought the meeting would discuss removing James Ramsey as its president. The unusual Labor...
- Posted September 5, 2016
- Board of Trustees drama continues to unfold
By Andrew Hebert– Last week, another legal action involving U of L’s Board of Trustees took place when Governor Matt Bevin filed an appeal on Circuit Court Judge Philip Shepherd’s injunction on Bevin’s appointed board. This legal jargon is...
- Posted August 29, 2016