- Fall 2016 semester athletic awards
- Women’s basketball pulls out the overtime victory over rival Kentucky
- U of L’s chief financial officer resigns
- How to survive campus when snow storms hit
- Lamar Jackson wins ACC Player of the Year
- SGA approves budget, new election rules
- Men’s soccer defeats Notre Dame 3-1, advances to NCAA quarterfinals
- How private is our privacy?
- Local activities to celebrate the holiday season
- Dangerous Crossing: Pedestrians ignore walk signs at U of L
All posts tagged "James Ramsey"
- SGA resolution asks for student position on foundation board
By Kyeland Jackson — SGA resolved Nov. 15 to seat a student on the U of L Foundation board, inching students closer to representation in the university’s endowment manager. The resolution requests a seat for the SGA president on...
- Posted November 15, 2016
- Confederate statue moving to Brandenburg
By Kyeland Jackson — Construction crews began dismantling U of L’s controversial Confederate statue Saturday. The statue has a new home: Brandenburg, Kentucky. Mayor Greg Fischer’s office announced the move in a news release Nov.15, stating the...
- Posted November 15, 2016
- U of L Foundation construction touts $102K price tag
By Kyeland Jackson — An almost $102,000 building renovation by the University of Louisville Foundation will be paid by its tenant, a subsidiary of the foundation itself. First reported by Insider Louisville, AAF-Louisville, created by ULF in 2008, will...
- Posted October 18, 2016
- NCAA findings still loom over U of L basketball fanbase
By Chris Acree — Break out your costumes and prepare for an onslaught of pumpkin-scented everything, because it’s finally October. Time for the leaves to start falling and UK fans to emerge from their caves to talk...
- Posted October 6, 2016
- The Cardinal interviews Acting President Pinto
By Phillip Lentsch– Where are you originally from, and what got you interested in teaching? Well, I was born in Bombay, India, and grew up there. I went to the India Institute of Technology in New Delhi,...
- Posted October 5, 2016
- Kathleen Smith placed on leave
By Kyeland Jackson — University of Louisville Foundation Assistant Secretary Kathleen Smith was placed on paid leave Monday. Smith, who was employed with the university for over 40 years, was former university president James Ramsey’s chief of staff. ULF...
- Posted September 27, 2016
- U of L’s Foundation board shaken
By Kyeland Jackson — The University of Louisville Foundation’s board implemented a major shakeup Friday. James Ramsey, former University of Louisville president, resigned as president of the foundation. Ramsey’s letter praised the university’s progress. “While I appreciate the Foundation’s support,...
- Posted September 16, 2016
- U of L Foundation finds itself staring down potential lawsuit
By Chris Acree –– It seems like everybody is just at each other’s throats recently, doesn’t it? You’ve got Trump vs. Clinton, Bevin vs. Beshear, UK vs. their student newspaper, me vs. my wife on who’s taking the garbage...
- Posted September 15, 2016
- Foundation and university meeting canceled
By Kyeland Jackson — The meeting planned to smooth tensions between university board of trustees and the U of L Foundation won’t happen this week. First reported by the Courier-Journal, board Chair Larry Benz confirmed the meeting...
- Posted September 13, 2016
- U of L Foundation devalued under Ramsey
By Kyeland Jackson — Under former University of Louisville President James Ramsey, the U of L Foundation’s performance has stalled. The Courier-Journal first reported the findings Saturday, citing comparisons to endowment managers for other universities. According to...
- Posted September 11, 2016