- Crawford named next law school dean
- John Schnatter resigns from athletics board
- Louisville eats: The best restaurants in the city
- Women’s tennis advances in ACC Championships
- U of L considers separating from its medical center
- Men’s tennis heads to the ACC Championships
- U of L Foundation approves its first line-item budget
- Summer 2017’s top movies to see in theaters
- Jaylen Johnson will sign an agent, will not return to Louisville
- Men’s basketball lands UConn transfer
All posts tagged "James El-Mallakh"
- Meet the students who postponed tuition increase
By Briana Williams– Tuition, meal plans and housing costs were due to increase for the upcoming school year this summer. As many students already struggle to pay for their education, the increase spelled more financial hardship. After former President...
- Posted August 24, 2016
- Student group asks university to ‘divorce’ sweatshops
Cards United Against Sweatshops visited Grawemeyer Hall to give a letter, and an engagement ring, to the University to encourage them leave contracts with clothing companies that use sweatshops. The goal, they said, is to have U of...
- Posted December 11, 2014
- Sobering stats released on spring break safety
By James El-Mallakh– Spring break can be a time for college students to relax and forget about school, but it can present dangers. Many well-intentioned students will travel to destinations such as Fort Lauderdale, Daytona Beach or...
- Posted March 7, 2013
- That Foreign Land
by JAMES EL-MALLAKH That foreign land That land that only exists as a concept in my head. It’s all a dream that I want to wake up into. I want to run my fingers through its...
- Posted February 27, 2013
- Prof. Jasmine Farrier examines congressional flip-flopping
By James El-Mallakh– University of Louisville political science professor Jasmine Farrier kicked off the University Club’s “Meet the Professor Series” with a speech called, “Rethinking the Place of Congress in the 21st Century.” The speech on Thursday...
- Posted January 15, 2013
- U of L Medical and KentuckyOne to partner
By James El-Mallakh– The University of Louisville Medical Center, UMC, have announced that University Hospital and KentuckyOne Health will be partnering. The agreement has been signed by both partnering entities and Governor Steve Beshear. The partnership follows...
- Posted November 20, 2012
- Actor and filmmaker Jesus Nobot talks voting trends
By James El-Mallakh– Jesus Nebot, an actor and filmmaker, spoke at the University of Louisville’s Chao auditorium on Monday about voting trends in young people. “For a lot of international students and for a lot of people...
- Posted November 9, 2012
- Superstorm Sandy strikes
By James El-Mallakh– Hurricane Sandy, though it was almost 700 miles away, still affected the weather in Louisville and across Kentucky after it made landfall last Monday, Oct. 29 in New Jersey. Overall Sandy’s impact on Louisville...
- Posted November 8, 2012
- Black theatre: Premise and presentation
By James El-Mallakh– Two theatre directors held a town hall-format speech at U of L’s Thrust Theatre about race in the performing arts on Oct. 25. Barbara and Carlton Molette are a husband and wife team, who...
- Posted November 2, 2012
- Pink panties trumps people power: Why your Pink Brand panties are putting mine in a knot
By James El-Mallakh– Near the end of September two events were held outside U of L’s Red Barn within two days of each other. The first was the annual Take Back the Night or TBTN. Its purpose...
- Posted October 16, 2012