- U of L Theatre Arts hopes to inspire with ‘Baltimore’
- Familiar Faces: U of L’s “new” Board of Trustees
- ‘Minimalism’ documentary questions modern values
- Bevin names new U of L trustees
- Small-town cowboy, Cody Johnson, meets big music scene
- Quentin Snider expected to miss 2-3 weeks with hip injury
- Men’s basketball overcomes poor shooting to upend No. 7 Duke
- Killer Mike and El-P outdo themselves on ‘Run the Jewels 3’
- Belknap Farmers Market shuts down for 2017
- Bevin calls foul on accreditation worries, SACS record implies otherwise
All posts tagged "islam"
- Islamaphobia through the eyes of Muslim students at U of L
By Allison Mayes– The daily life of a Muslim in the United States is not an easy one. Followers of Islam frequently face Islamaphobia – challenges and discrimination due to their religion. College student Hussain Tariq has...
- Posted January 8, 2017
- Student group hosts Islamic Awareness Week
By Jacob Pleas– Last week, the U of L Muslim Student Association (MSA) celebrated Islamic Awareness Week. The group hosted events designed to educate campus about Islam. “Many religion classes teach about Islam, but teachers and students...
- Posted April 1, 2014
- Religious experience: Jum’ah at the Masijid Al-Nur Islamic Center
By Lara Kinne– Masjid Al-Nur resides along the underbelly of south 4th Street, merely a block away from the smug logo of Cardinal Spirits and the cheap wing haven of Al-Nur. Attendees enter through the building’s rear,...
- Posted January 24, 2012